Success with big weight loss & questions!

Options
Hi All

I wasnt sure where to log this so I'll try in here! Im looking for people that have had a large weightloss, i have lost 100 lbs now in total going from 252lb to 152lb, im just 12lb away from my target weight, but i have to say the weightloss is very slow now but i will keep plugging away!

What i'd like to know is, where i have lost so much weight i have a saggy stomach, also 'bingo wings' at the top of my arms, i do lots of weight training/cardio at the gym but nothing seems to be helping to firm these up? Has anyone else been able to tone up flabby skin without undergoing drastic surgery? I am 41 yrs old, so my skin isnt as elastic as it used to be, i just cant see me ever being able to get rid of it so hoping for some inspiration from others that might have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• tdoerr2
    Options
    That is one of my main fears with losing weight. I am 50 (Sunday) and I know it will not tone up. So I have used it as an excuse not to lose weight. But that is no longer going to happen!!

Tina
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    they say it takes a c ouple of years to know for sure where you skin will land, Mine hasnt been so kind. I look fine with clothes on, but I have some major skin issues. and I am not talking about just plain old you cant wear a bikini skin issue, I am talking about loose skin just hanging out all over. I keep the clothes on, and I am grateful I do not live in a warm climate. :bigsmile: I wont even wear a short sleeve tshirt out of the house, it needs to be 3/4 length. I am also 41 years old. I hope you have better luck than I ..

and before ANYONE asks, I didnt have weight loss surgery, it took me just under two years to lose the weight, I worked out with weights from day one, ( I have amazing muscles, just check out my pics), I drink over a gallon of water a day. in other words, I did it all "right" for my skin to respond nicely, it just doesnt happen for all of us.

Tami
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am a year in from maintenance, and still saggy. :) But I can honestly say it has gotten somewhat better. Not sure it will ever be what I "want" it to be.... and I'm over it. Glad to be healthy and fit nonetheless. I look darn good clothed! LOL.
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Bump!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!