What kind of -kind- comments made you want to CHANGE?

Options
Hey guys, so I was at work today, and the substitute for the girls P.E class was late, so I had to sub in for a couple of minutes.
I saw something interesting.
The girls (This is in Jr High BTW) had to exercise along to a work- out dvd. The cute small girls were all doing it, putting their best foot forward, and having a fun time.
The bigger girls were hanging around, not doing the work out, and giving me glares when I asked them to not just stand there -,-'

It came to the point where I was almost upset at these girls because they weren't doing anything, and I felt like 'Um, hello, you're never going to lose weight if you don't do anything about it'- Of course, all I ended up saying was "Ladies, you have to participate! Just try your best!"

It made me think of all the people -here on MFP- who were bigger when they were younger, and share stories of being traumatized by comments by their parents/family/peers/ and I thought, well, has anyone ever made a KIND comment that made you want to change, and be a healthier person? Maybe not even kind, but just a productive comment?

If so, what was it? It's not like I'm going to going around "inspiring" my teenagers to get slim, I'm just curious :D

Replies

• fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    To be honest, although I was a big girl at school, I never had any comments about my weight, the kids were more interested in calling me big ears or four eyes! LOL! My Nan kept telling me it was puppy fat and my mum was bigger than me. No-one influenced me either way,