Need some ideas

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
I am in need of some ideas for Valentines day for the hubby. A little back ground, sorry if it's too much information but I feel important for the subject.
We have been having some,,,,shall I say intimacy problems. So we are taking it slow. I don't want to him to feel like I am putting any pressure on him to perform. So here's my dilema. What can I do for him for Valentines day that is romantic and sweet, not very costly, and it won't make him feel like I am expecting something in return, and it can't have anything to do with food/candy. Oh, and on that day we will be doing a 5k walk/run so we won't be home most of the morning so I don't know how I will be able to sneak it in since it falls on a Saturday.
Any suggestions??

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    Options
    I am in need of some ideas for Valentines day for the hubby. A little back ground, sorry if it's too much information but I feel important for the subject.
    We have been having some,,,,shall I say intimacy problems. So we are taking it slow. I don't want to him to feel like I am putting any pressure on him to perform. So here's my dilema. What can I do for him for Valentines day that is romantic and sweet, not very costly, and it won't make him feel like I am expecting something in return, and it can't have anything to do with food/candy. Oh, and on that day we will be doing a 5k walk/run so we won't be home most of the morning so I don't know how I will be able to sneak it in since it falls on a Saturday.
    Any suggestions??

Memaw
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Is he a jewelry kind of guy? Get something engraved for him.

Get him a new (red?) HRM to wear for the 5K!

It's food related, but why not a special breakfast with heart shaped "healthy" pancakes topped with bright red fresh strawberries or maybe a dinner instead?

Why not just a sweet card that says something that lets him know how much you love him NO MATTER WHAT! If you can't find the perfect one get a blank one and write in it yourself.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    After the 5K.....whew you're a trooper.
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    buy a bag of Hersey Kisses (not to be eaten) I know it goes against the food or candy thing but hear me out, and get roses, or rose pedals...

get up early Saturday and:
    place the Hersey kisses on the ground, in one of the rooms in your house,
    write a note that says: "now that I have kissed the ground you walked on..."

place the rose pedals on the floor and the bed, in a trail on the way TO the bed,
    write a note that reads: "and showered you with roses..."

and another note on the bed that reads "let me take care of you in bed"

or something along those lines!

that is ALL I had working on 2 minutes worth of warning... give me a few more days and I will make it better!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    buy a bag of Hersey Kisses (not to be eaten) I know it goes against the food or candy thing but hear me out, and get roses, or rose pedals...

place the rose pedals on the floor and the bed, in a trail on the way TO the bed,

that is ALL I had working on 2 minutes worth of warning... give me a few more days and I will make it better!

Wow - if I were him I'd feel SUPER pressure to "perform" - wouldn't you??

I think she was looking for both non-food AND non-sexual ideas.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Tie the idea/gift to your 5k. Maybe put something in the car the night before so when you get in...it's a surprise. A card, a hand made sign, new shoes, something to show him you are proud of him for doing that with you.
  • Mattysmomma
    Options

Thats a good one! I think I picked the wrong guy! lol. Mines taking me to a B&B then weekend after. My Army Reserve stuff ALWAYS falls on the wrong weekend :(
  • memaw66
    Options

Dang!!! I'd like to hear what you come up with when you've had time to think about it!!!!!
  • memaw66
    Options

Wow - if I were him I'd feel SUPER pressure to "perform" - wouldn't you??

I think she was looking for both non-food AND non-sexual ideas.
    Well it did say that I would take care of HIM!!! Hmmm this is pretty good.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I GOT IT!!! How about an afternoon or even just an hour of time at the spa after the run together! That can lead to something or not-no pressure, just a thank you for him joining you and having a great, excerising, sore legs type of day.:flowerforyou: Just book an appointment for a massage-our insurance even covers it. Check it out. You'll be lovin' yourself too-and you are worth it.:flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Why not food related? I always think a nice special home cooked meal is good.

You could schedule you both for massages after the run. Or give him one.
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    Why not food related? I always think a nice special home cooked meal is good.

You could schedule you both for massages after the run. Or give him one.

I do like the idea of a massage, I would want one after my 5k run... geesh, you women on MFP treat your men right!

WOW... i can admit I am a little Jealous...