Newbie and loving this site

Options
Hi everyone.My name is Grainne and I joined MFP on monday.I lurrrve this site so much.It is so motivating to see the posts in the message boards and to see all the before and after pics.I have been a yo yo dieter for years now.My heaviest was 15st 9 and my lightest for years was 10st 10.I have done fad diets like atkins and Lipotrim but have always piled every pound plus more on within a few weeks of losing.I got married this year and I went from 14st 7 to 12st in 5 months.I was delighted but had done it through atkins and Lipotrim and within 4 months of the wedding I am already back to 13st 8.This is my starting point.I am 5ft 7 so I think if I could get to 10st 7 that would be my ideal weight.
I really feel I can do it this time.I normaly start out my diets after getting disgusted with my self and then I nearly punish myself by eating very little and exercising to exhaustion.Like I deserve to feel miserable for putting weight back on !
This time it's different.Although I am mad at myself for letting myself get back here again I have decided that I want to do this properly.I want to get healthy and fit and feel good about myself again.I dont want to diet anymore this is going to be a lifestyle change.I want to be able to play soccer again and walk up the stairs without nearly fainting!lol
I am going to track everything I eat and If I really want cheese I'll have it.I see no point in not allowing myself this as I know I will never be able to give cheese up for good.I think that I should be able to have my favourite foods if I track them and they can fit into my daily calories.
I have been exercising twice a day.One walk at lunch and another in the eve.This ensures that I have enough calories to fit in my bag of crisps or cheese etc.
I find the tracker the best thing since sliced cheese!:)It has everything on it that I would eat and it makes me so aware of what I am eating.
My 1st weigh in is on tuesday so fingers crossed my hard work has paid off and I have made my 1 and a half pound weight loss goal.
Good luck to all the other newbies and congrats to everyone on here that have lost so much already.You inspire us xgx xx

Replies

• melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome this site is great lots of encouragement and I think it keeps me motivated.
  • grag79
    grag79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks Melvac.Its fab and I just seen how well you have done congrats xgx
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Welcome Honey, I read your story and thought "that's what happened to me" I wore a size 12 skin tight wedding dress and 2 or 3 years later I'd reached the dizzy heights of 15st 7lbs. I lost a lot of weight with weight watchers but it's been a struggle ever since and this last year my weight got up to nearly 12 st again so I decided I needed to do something. I found this site by accident, but boy! am I glad!
    I originally just planned to get to the weight I was this time last year, 11st 2lbs but I got that far and just kept going, I'm now under 10st for the first time in my adult life.
    All thanks to the motivation and support that I have received from everyone on this site.
    You'll do well here, I guarantee it!!
  • grag79
    grag79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow that is fantastic pet.Well done you!!It's stories like this that make me know I can do it this time.I lost the most weight at WW too but it didnt work this time round.It was always all or nothing then but now its a little bit now and again if I really want it but I have to have earned it.I can see there is so much support here and I think that will help me alot xgx xx