Should I weigh in tomorrow?

Options
Hi hi! So I weighed myself two weeks ago tomorrow just to see where I was at when I started going to the gym, but I vowed to not care about the "magic number" and just concentrate on how I feel. I've been going to the gym 4-5 times a week and I feel great! (I never believed people when they said exercising give you more energy, but it's true!) And I know something is going on, because a pair of shorts I got last summer that I couldn't really do up, are starting to get a little looser!
So a part of me wants to just keep going the way I'm going and not care about the number. BUT! The other part of me is just curious to see know my progress (I'd also like to change my ticker which has said 20 lbs to go for ages!)
What do you guys think? Should I just keep going the way I'm going, and maybe weigh in later on? Or just do it tomorrow after the gym so I'll stop thinking about it lol.
Thanks! :happy:

Replies

• Lynn1987
    Options
    Hi hi! So I weighed myself two weeks ago tomorrow just to see where I was at when I started going to the gym, but I vowed to not care about the "magic number" and just concentrate on how I feel. I've been going to the gym 4-5 times a week and I feel great! (I never believed people when they said exercising give you more energy, but it's true!) And I know something is going on, because a pair of shorts I got last summer that I couldn't really do up, are starting to get a little looser!
    So a part of me wants to just keep going the way I'm going and not care about the number. BUT! The other part of me is just curious to see know my progress (I'd also like to change my ticker which has said 20 lbs to go for ages!)
    What do you guys think? Should I just keep going the way I'm going, and maybe weigh in later on? Or just do it tomorrow after the gym so I'll stop thinking about it lol.
    Thanks! :happy:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm refusing to weigh in I took the batteries out of my scale and chucked them - I was getting frustrated and then giving up - so I'm trying this instead - I would wait -

It' doesn't seem to be bothering you not weighing so I'd keep going you seem like you are really motivated.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and weigh in. But also make sure you are keeping track of your measurements. Sometimes the scale won't change, but our size does.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I cant stay away from the scale..Its ok to check every once in a while...it might make you feel really good, and to keep kicking but at the gym!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i cant help but get on mine every day. it doesnt bother me.
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    My opinion on the matter is - if your following a diet (watching calorie intake) Then it is just as important to weigh yourself as it is watching what you eat. If you are just working out to feel better about yourself then I wouldn't even bother! But calories in is going to directly relate to the number on that scale, and so if you are feeling great but arn't making any headway concerning weight lossed, then you need to tweak your diet to make sure your consistently pushing yourself, and not wasting your precious time!
  • gillbush
    Options
    i carnt stay off mine, every morning i get on them. its like a bad habbit because i know i should nt, and when my weight fluctuates it gets me down. if you can stay away from them and concentrate on your mesurements. thats what realy counts. xxx
  • Lynn1987
    Options
    well I ended up doing it! Kinda regretting it now though lol. It said I only lost half a pound. But I'm not going to let it discourage me for many reasons :
    1) it's the TOM (sorry if too much info)
    2) it could be muscle (I've been doing 45 min- 1 hour of cardio + weights)
    3) it's not the number that matters, it's how I feel :smile:
    I think I'll start doing my measurments as you said Anna_Banana and you're right Kmill, maybe this means I should adjust my calorie intake. I was eating my exercise cals, but now I think I'll aim to not eat them unless I'm super hungry.
    Thanks for all your help everybody!!!!!! :drinker: