Pissed Co-worker

Options
So today my co worker went to KFC and bought everyone an applie pie...When she went to hand me mine, I told her no thank you, but thank you for thinking of me....

And now shes being a major b*tch!

How do you nicely tell someone without hurting there feelings? Because clearly I did something wrong LOL

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i think you did the best you could :) some people just dont take rejection well
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You could have accepted it and not eaten it, but I think you did the right thing regardless of her attitude.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    i think you did the best you could :) some people just dont take rejection well

Agreed!

I'm very happy and proud of you for not giving into the temptation!!! :)
  • beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Take it and throw it away she wil never knwo the difference
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    she is pissed at herself for not having the willpower to resist buying them in the first place and jealous of you for doing it! just keep that in mind the next time you see her and you will smile instead of worrying about her being pissed off!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    She'll get over it. You politely declined? It was a nice gesture, but not everyone wants to eat fast food, much less fast food pie. She could have gave someone else 2 or just took it home for herself. Don't feel guilty for not eating that. You were polite.
  • mrrad
    mrrad Posts: 46
    Options
    Why would anyone assume that everyone would want to eat an apple pie? Don't feel guilty for wanting not to eat it, I would have said that I didn't like them rather than that I was watching my calories. Not sure why it is so socially unacceptable to refuse food? I am sure some of us are fat because we eat to please other people or not to rock to boat.
    Just be polite to her she will get over herself I'm sure.
  • AuntSissy152
    AuntSissy152 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You should have taken it. Said Thank You. Then.....thrown it away!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    really? she's mad cause you don't pollute your body with something she BOUGHT!?
    here's what I'd do... go buy something toxic & offer her a drink then when she declines say - no? now you know why I declined your pie - offer me healthy food, fruit or desserts and I will be happy to try them.
    My body is a temple, NOT an amusement park
  • smelmel
    smelmel Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    you have to look after number 1, well done!
  • gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I used to be the dude that would go around and ask.. "hey are you going to eat that".. Should maybe find one of those guys.. So that next time, you can take it politely and given it to the big guy.. Then you would of made two people happy :D
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I've been known to take the dessert push it around my plate and then discreetly trash it later or what I usually do is claim that due my family history of diabetes I'm cutting back on sugar, and of course let them know that I appreciate them thinking of me.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    You were polite, she's spazzing.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    My work peeps are always giving out plain ole junk. I take it and put it in my drawer and tell them thank you. Most places have that one skinny chick that eats everything. I let some time go by and then I just hand my stash off to her lol.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You should have taken it. Said Thank You. Then.....thrown it away!

I agree with this. It was a gift. A kind gesture. When someone gives you a gift of flowers and you're allergic, do you say "no thank you"? When someone brings you cookies as a thank you for feeding their cat while they were away, do you say "no thank you". Your co-worker is offended and rightly so.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Here's is clearly the proper technique for handling this:

First, make sure you make eye contact and smile. Next, reach out your hand for the apple pie. As your hand approaches the apple pie, I'd like you to reach up and SLAP THE *kitten* OUT THAT TRIFLIN' *kitten*.

As she reels back from the blow, lift your adjacent leg and proceed to rip the loudest fart you possiby can.

Then, please eat the pie. Slappin' hos burned lots of calories, you earned it baby.

(I think you handled it fine, haters gonna hate).
  • kantone999
    Options
    We have the same situation at my office. I hate for people to waste money on food for me. Honesty is the best policy but some people can't deal with it.

I size up the person offering. If they're a mature, well-adjusted person I tell them thanks but I'm on a really strict diet and can't eat it. Those types always understand and never give me any grief--or bring me anything off the list again.I accept the food from people who can't (or won't) support my weight loss efforts and then leave it in the lunchroom. It always disappears.
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If you'll excuse my second-rate armchair psychology here, it sounds like maybe she was just looking for a little external validation and maybe she felt rejected as a person with the rejection of her sugary offering.

I stand by you in your rejection of it, now that she knows you won't accept such it lessens the likelyhood of her offering up such possible temptations again.

But if you want to repair any damaged relations with her, you could give her a bit of validation by way of a compliment that actually relates to who she is as a person/co-worker.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I think she's being rude to be honest. You did absolutely nothing wrong.

I have to say I wouldn't have done the same. I do the same as others and just take the food and then discreetly throw it away. Maybe if it happens a second time do that.
  • paper_doll_
    Options
    I think she bought apple pies for the rest of you because she wanted to validate that her desire to consume processed, junky crap was ok. When you rejected it she probably took it as validation that it really wasn't. lol.

My son does that, in order to validate his desire for some sort of junk food we have in the house, he offers it to everyone else first, and if nobody has any, he won't have some. When I tell him he can have a biscuit or whatever it is he was offering around then he will eat several in one sitting, but he seems to need that validation that it is ok for him to have it.

I will also add however that he is a 15 year old who walks/jogs every day, does Russian Strangth Training, and eats fruit and veges every day without complaining about them.. he actually likes broccoli, brussels sprouts etc.. oh and he drinks much more than 8 cups of water a day and hates overly sweet or fatty foods.. he genuinely dislikes the taste and textures. I wish I had grown up with those attitudes to food. I think that when he does pig out on junk it is his body saying 'Hey! I'm growing and need a super boost of energy!' or something..