Lifelong Dreams

Options
krissagirl0709
krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
Whats your biggest dream and have you accomplished it or what are you doing to get to that point? What is your motivation?

I am going to school for social work and eventually want to work with kids who are battling addictions..its such a hard thing to overcome and I want to help kids early on so there future can still be made. My birthmom wasnt able to raise me from being a addict since I was a baby and now I see how it has really affected her, I dont want teenagers to get that far.

Replies

• Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    my dear, you have a beautiful dream! I hope you achieve it! my dream is to open a pitbull rescue/rehab. so many great dogs get euthanised because shelters dont have time or money to rehabilitate ex fighters or abuse cases.
  • dandrews010
    dandrews010 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Pretty awesome dreams. Don't think I have any which could be worthy of that!
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    Pretty awesome dreams. Don't think I have any which could be worthy of that!

Thanks! Im sure you have some awesome dreams too everyone has there own different passions this is def one of mine from what I have seen it do. This will take me awhile to fully achieve though!
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    my dear, you have a beautiful dream! I hope you achieve it! my dream is to open a pitbull rescue/rehab. so many great dogs get euthanised because shelters dont have time or money to rehabilitate ex fighters or abuse cases.

Your dream sounds beautiful too, we have alot of cat and dog rescues in my town and I think its just really cool!
  • dandrews010
    dandrews010 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    But your doing everything you can to achieve it! Which is great, and each day you get closer to realising it!
  • krissagirl0709
    Options
    But your doing everything you can to achieve it! Which is great, and each day you get closer to realising it!

Aww your so motivating..I need to think about this when I dont want to do my homework though! But yeah I am doing everything possible to eventually achieve it.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Whats your biggest dream and have you accomplished it or what are you doing to get to that point? What is your motivation?

I am going to school for social work and eventually want to work with kids who are battling addictions..its such a hard thing to overcome and I want to help kids early on so there future can still be made. My birthmom wasnt able to raise me from being a addict since I was a baby and now I see how it has really affected her, I dont want teenagers to get that far.

That is a great dream...and one you'll achieve. I currently work with kids that have committed crimes and are in the custody of the state. They come to my program before being released to obtain employment and finish high school/GED.

My dream is to open an indoor Moonwalk center so kids have an option to be active at their parties.
  • krissagirl0709
    Options

That is a great dream...and one you'll achieve. I currently work with kids that have committed crimes and are in the custody of the state. They come to my program before being released to obtain employment and finish high school/GED.

My dream is to open an indoor Moonwalk center so kids have an option to be active at their parties.

Are you a probation officer? I am also considering that as a career but defenitly with juveniles. Your work sounds super rewarding! I volunteer with the juvenile probation department and love it.

That sounds like a really fun dream!!
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

Are you a probation officer? I am also considering that as a career but defenitly with juveniles. Your work sounds super rewarding! I volunteer with the juvenile probation department and love it.

That sounds like a really fun dream!!

I run a program for the Department of Youth Services. Some of my residents are on probation but not all
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    My dream is to work with St Jude or M.D. Anderson Children's Hospital to help make the dreams/wishes come true for the children that are being treated for cancer.
  • maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Main Goals/Dreams
    1. To get accepted into a nursing program (I'll move where ever I'm accepted!). It's so competitive and I hope I can get in when I'm ready to apply and not get stuck on a waiting list. :-S
    2. Once I'm a RN, (eventually, one day) I want to get a job as a traveling nurse and travel the world, and learn about different cultures.
    3. Build a house on my property and sell for profit. $50,000 to build a house. Sell for $150,000. $100,000 profit. :-)
    4. Continue to build or flip homes on the side for profit.
    5. Keep my relationship healthy with my boyfriend. We've been dating for over 2 years and so far its been awesome! <3

Small goals/dreams:
    1. decrease body fat percentage and become healthy and fit.
    2. Run a half marathon.
    3. Get good grades! Raise my GPA
    4. Start painting again. I miss doing artwork.

As time goes on, I'm sure my goals/dreams will change or be tweaked a little. But here are mine for now. :-)
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    well my lifelong dreams have changed as I've gotten older.

As a teen I wanted to model or act.
    I'm still a total ham(this is why I love karaoke).

Now, I'd like to get in a little better shape so I can do some fitness modeling.

Then I'd like to hopefully make enough I could go to school to be a therapist and help teenage girls and women, especially with self esteem. I talk a lot about loving yourself, and I want to be achieve these goals. So I can practice what I preach and be truly proud of myself.
    I realize I'm a bit old for ANY of these dreams. But I'm ok with that.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I want to go back to school to become a paramedic.

I want to remarry

I want another baby

I want to sell this house in this nice subdivision and move 10 minutes away where my new house will be surrounded with trees.

I want to be completely happy and settled in a cozy life.

I want a tight butt.

(these are not life long dreams, because honestly, the dreams I had when I was 19 are not the same as I have at 29)
  • rebeccaME207
    rebeccaME207 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    All great goals !!
    Im pretty happy and feel fourtunate but I would be happier in a job thats respectable and fulfilling (I'm on the RN wait list), and have a "healthy relationship with food (I'm on here trying)!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i agree with rebecca that these are really great goals...

my lifelong dreams are:

find true love/life partner

have fun life that is always like vacation

get my fetish book published

make tons of money

use my money to help children and animals

yeahhhhhhh