I just want to eat chocolate

Options
So I have been really good for 2 1/2 weeks. Eating right, exercising well. Then I find out today that a) my paper that I have been writing this last month (and is due on Monday) has already been published (someone thought of it in 1997) and b) my mother can't come visit me for the Easter holidays.
:cry: :frown: :sick: :indifferent: :embarassed:

Replies

• pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    So I have been really good for 2 1/2 weeks. Eating right, exercising well. Then I find out today that a) my paper that I have been writing this last month (and is due on Monday) has already been published (someone thought of it in 1997) and b) my mother can't come visit me for the Easter holidays.
    :cry: :frown: :sick: :indifferent: :embarassed:
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    SInce you are a writer, then get to writing why you feel like you wanna eat chocolate.

I started writing down why I wanted to eat certain foods at certain times. I would, then I would write how it made me feel.

Most times (8 out of 10) it was just a craving, and after I finished, I didn't feel anything. I didn't feel physcially or mentally satisfied. I started looking at food in a more intelectual light. It is there to supply nutrition for our bodies, not feel good hormones or feelings! Although the occassional sundae never hurt anybody, your not watching what you eat just so that you can give in to the occassional candy fit. Just ike you wouldn't give into a 3 year old, don't give into yourself! Channel your craving into the internet to find a new article, and look online for flights to go see your Mom! IT wil help take your mind off of the craving, and kill some time for your next wholesome meal! (Thats what I am currently doing! lol)
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry things aren't working out for you

now, having said that:

never ever ever eat your emotions. if you want chocolate because you want chocolate, then go ahead and eat a small piece. if you want chocolate because you're bummed, do something else instead to make yourself feel better.

eating emotions is a very bad habit that you shouldn't get into, especially cause you seem to be doing so well.
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    That is a bummer. You did all that hard work on the paper and now you can't even turn it in. Hope you can hurry and think of something else and make it sound just as good.
    Sorry you mom cant' come for a visit either. I'm sure you miss her like crazy.

On the bright side, you have gone 2.5 weeks eating healthy! Good for you! I say go ahead and have a piece of chocolate. Chocolate is only bad for you if you over do it.

Tomorrow is a new day. Hope it's a better one for you.