Zero lbs lost....what a bummer

Options
Okay...so I got up this morning just KNOWING that the scale was going to be my close friend and LOVE me today...apparently that wasn't the case. When I got on it, I hadn't lost a damn pound:noway: :angry: I stepped off and stepped back on again....just to check and see if I was seeing things correctly. Apparently I was because after the fifth time stepping on it the damn thing read the same number as last week. Ugh!!:grumble: It's just irritating because I've been eating right, resisted ALL temptations and didn't lose anything.
:ohwell: I guess I'll just have to work twice as hard this week.

Wish me luck (if I don't lose next week I may be missing hair because I will have pulled it out. LOL:laugh: )

~Naj

Replies

• Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Options
    Okay...so I got up this morning just KNOWING that the scale was going to be my close friend and LOVE me today...apparently that wasn't the case. When I got on it, I hadn't lost a damn pound:noway: :angry: I stepped off and stepped back on again....just to check and see if I was seeing things correctly. Apparently I was because after the fifth time stepping on it the damn thing read the same number as last week. Ugh!!:grumble: It's just irritating because I've been eating right, resisted ALL temptations and didn't lose anything.
    :ohwell: I guess I'll just have to work twice as hard this week.

Wish me luck (if I don't lose next week I may be missing hair because I will have pulled it out. LOL:laugh: )

~Naj
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I haven't lost any weight since before Christmas and I don't know what's going on. I hope both of us loe weight next week!:flowerforyou:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I am right there with you! Hang in.....

:glasses:

dd
  • blessedmamma
    Options
    How long have you been consistently working out - this time? You may have plateaued. Your body may have gotten accustomed to what you're doing, and found a way to do it with the least caloric expenditure possible. Try changing up your routine. Kick up the intensity. Be sure to incorporate strength training; it really is a great not-so-secret weapon. I don't know if this site recalculates calories as you lose or not, but that may be something to look into. When we lose weight, we need fewer calories to get through each day. If we eat the same amount of clories at 150# that we ded at 170#, we won't see as much weight loss. I've heard that these times can be tough. I don't usually stick with an exercise/weight loss plan long enough to even reach a plateau. Whatever you do, child....keep your hair!

DJ
  • Najah5150
    Options
    How long have you been consistently working out - this time? You may have plateaued. Your body may have gotten accustomed to what you're doing, and found a way to do it with the least caloric expenditure possible. Try changing up your routine. Kick up the intensity. Be sure to incorporate strength training; it really is a great not-so-secret weapon. I don't know if this site recalculates calories as you lose or not, but that may be something to look into. When we lose weight, we need fewer calories to get through each day. If we eat the same amount of clories at 150# that we ded at 170#, we won't see as much weight loss. I've heard that these times can be tough. I don't usually stick with an exercise/weight loss plan long enough to even reach a plateau. Whatever you do, child....keep your hair!

DJ

Hi DJ,
    Well...I started workign out consistantly Sunday til' now. I plan on working out even harder this week though. Thanks for the input. I will keep all that you've said in mind.
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    I don't know if this site recalculates calories as you lose or not, but that may be something to look into. When we lose weight, we need fewer calories to get through each day.

DJ

I inadvertently discovered that if you go into your settings and reset it for the weight you are currently (not where you started) that it, in fact, DOES recalculate your caloric intake. Try that and see if your calories come down. Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • Najah5150
    Options
    Thanks!!! I will do that when the time comes....:grumble:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    And hey, think positive. It wasn't a gain, right?

Does your scale check your body fat percentage, maybe you've gained some muscle and lost some fat.

:flowerforyou:
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Have you been keeping measurements? You might have lost inches instead of pounds you know.....
  • Najah5150
    Options
    And hey, think positive. It wasn't a gain, right?

Does your scale check your body fat percentage, maybe you've gained some muscle and lost some fat.

:flowerforyou:

Yeah, you're right.
    As for my scale...no it doesn't check all of that. However, I saw a scale that does check all of that at Costco for $30.00...so I may get one. I know it would e very good to have now that I'm back to working out a lot more now.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I think you must be gaining muscle. I know you'll see a difference especially with the measurements we took. Just keep at it. You are the most motivated person I've ever met!

You can do it!!!
    Angela :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options

Yeah, you're right.
    As for my scale...no it doesn't check all of that. However, I saw a scale that does check all of that at Costco for $30.00...so I may get one. I know it would e very good to have now that I'm back to working out a lot more now.

Careful with taking that scale (fat % scale) too seriously - I got one and returned it. The idea is it sends a signal through your body and finds the body fat %, right? I bought mine just after being tested at the gym - it was off by over 5% - then I played with it and changed my height by a few inches - bam - I lost a few percentage points. I have a formula for you if you want to check it without a scale:
    hips + (thigh) - (2 x calf) - wrist = body fat

That formula is only for women over 30, btw. If you do not fall into that category, send me a line and I'll give you the others.
  • Najah5150
    Options
    I think you must be gaining muscle. I know you'll see a difference especially with the measurements we took. Just keep at it. You are the most motivated person I've ever met!

You can do it!!!
    Angela :flowerforyou:

Aaww, thx Ang!!! Love ya girl!:heart:
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    My doctor said to not worry so much about weight loss as it will discourage you. He said you must keep measurements and keep them 2 times a month and that is what matters , if you looked like a model and weighed 200 lbs and everyone thought you looked so pretty would it matter then ? We need to remember muscle is so much heavier than fat too. I have learned that there are so many ways to think about weight loss, we can see your body changing , but if you arent satisfied with the results it doesnt matter does it?
  • zmonster
    zmonster Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Keep on keeping on! One of the most frustrating things that I have learned to accept is that our (women) bodies have a whole lot of stuff going on, constantly! Wish it was more of a science like on day 27 add 1.6 pounds to the female physique then subtract said amount four days following. No such luck!:devil: Be strong and the big pay off is right around the corner. :smile:
  • Najah5150
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your encouraging words and supoort. This is EXACLT why I love it here!! Everyone is so friendly!

Naj:smile: