All girls 5'1" .... please post pics and journey success sto

Options

Replies

• ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 this was me FEB 2010 @195
    poyx2o6zwo11sun.jpg

This was me November 2010, about 148 I havent lost any weight since so I havent taken any recent pics but I'm getting back on board now :)
    IMG_4814.jpg
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    It's totally possible! I am 5'2. I was at my heaviest about 6.5-7yrs ago at 230 and then I lost 80lbs (I was diagnosed as celiac, went gluten free, and started being more active again). I gained most of that back after a few years when I started living a less healthy lifestyle again. Now, I'm back on the healthy train and determined to stay on it! :) I've lost just over 14lbs so far and am still a little heavier than you are. But I am noticing awesome differences and I know that in time I'll be healthier again. Good luck to you!! :)
  • RachSharie11
    Options
    Hi I'm about 5'1" as well and I'm new to this site :) I started at around 165 after I had my second baby 4 months ago, I'm now about 156. I wanna get down to like 125-130 though!
  • aerreall
    aerreall Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hey I'm 5"1 I started @ 199 lbs 4 mo ago and im currently @ 176 lbs, and I was not faithfully trying so its possible. Know Im back at it but very motivated this time and my goal is to get down to 135-140 lbs. Its not easy, but it helps to have someone to motivate you.
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". Started near 190's and I'm currently in the low 170's. Aiming for about 20-25lbs more.

halfway.jpg
  • DANIELLALMANZAR
    Options
    Thank you all.... I've been working hard for about a week now and I feel different than when I started... Everyone on here is so supportive!! :happy:
  • leannelately
    leannelately Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    SO glad I found this thread! I am 5 feet tall on the dot.

You all look so amazing. I need to come back here often and remind myself that is can be done. I lost 10 lbs in a month and have about 50 more to go. (My heaviest was 187, which is what I was last month. Before that, my heaviest was 167. UGH) Please, add me to your friends lists, ladies, I need the encouragement.
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.... I've been working hard for about a week now and I feel different than when I started... Everyone on here is so supportive!! :happy:

Yay! Glad to hear it, you can do this girl!
  • Sho_Rowell
    Sho_Rowell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and I started in Feb at 215 and am now 175. My goal weight is 160... I have big legs and booty from dance and softball, so I don't wanna get skinny and lose that. :))) My profile picture is a progress pic... Check it out!
  • stephkuch
    stephkuch Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet too and this is a great thread! The encouragement here is great and all of you ladies look so wonderful. It gives me hope!
    SO glad I found this thread! I am 5 feet tall on the dot.

You all look so amazing. I need to come back here often and remind myself that is can be done. I lost 10 lbs in a month and have about 50 more to go. (My heaviest was 187, which is what I was last month. Before that, my heaviest was 167. UGH) Please, add me to your friends lists, ladies, I need the encouragement.
  • moondust7
    moondust7 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Keep posting!! The last time my height was measured they said I was 5'1-3/4" but I usually say I'm 5'2" since they were pressing down pretty hard on my head when they measured me LOL
    I love seeing results for shorter girls... it's motivating and helpful to see what weight looks like on people our height.
  • namenumber
    namenumber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm 5'2"

I love the success stories! You all look fantastic!
  • shan889
    Options
    I'm 4'11. (and 3/4) :). I started out at 160-165. I am down to 147 as of right now. I want to get down to 130!!!! I think this thread is awesome!! Short girls definitely get it worse when it comes to gaining weight. We gain 5 lbs..and it looks like we gained 20. Ugh. However when we lose 5lbs, we start to look great! Keep up all the hard work ladies!!!
  • designerel
    designerel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sorry ladies, posted the wrong code... please see below.
  • designerel
    designerel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Before, probably around 160 in Jan. 2011 :

w222841502.jpg

During, around 133 in Oct. 2011:

w222841503.jpg

I started exercising and watching what I eat in April 2011. I'm around 5'2" and my goal is to be around 120 lbs. Currently at 131 so just 11 lbs. to go and I can't wait!
  • kenexa11
    kenexa11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I just recently started using MFP again and am 5'1" . I see all the wonderful success stories but I am in desperate need of motiviation. I need to know that it is possible for a girl weighing 195 lbs at my height can lose the weight and still look awesome!! Thanks in advance!! :happy:

Its doable. It may take time but you will get there as long as you keep at it. I get frustrated a lot too, I've lost 20 pounds since May and I often felt like it wasn't coming off fast enough but I kept at it and I'm still not at my lightest but I am at my smallest.

I'm 5'2"

BEFORE:

Beforecrys1.jpg

AFTER

IMG_0443.jpg

Hi there!! You look amazing and give me hope! I feel like we have the same body shape...how much did you weigh in the first picture? I am also 5'2" and I was at 148 and now I'm down to 130/129...what have you been doing for exercising? Thanx and congrats on your weight loss!!
  • crystalinda
    Options
    Hey there,
    I just recently started using MFP again and am 5'1" . I see all the wonderful success stories but I am in desperate need of motiviation. I need to know that it is possible for a girl weighing 195 lbs at my height can lose the weight and still look awesome!! Thanks in advance!! :happy:

Its doable. It may take time but you will get there as long as you keep at it. I get frustrated a lot too, I've lost 20 pounds since May and I often felt like it wasn't coming off fast enough but I kept at it and I'm still not at my lightest but I am at my smallest.

I'm 5'2"

BEFORE:

Beforecrys1.jpg

AFTER

IMG_0443.jpg

Hi there!! You look amazing and give me hope! I feel like we have the same body shape...how much did you weigh in the first picture? I am also 5'2" and I was at 148 and now I'm down to 130/129...what have you been doing for exercising? Thanx and congrats on your weight loss!!

Thank you!

I'm really excited about this change and I'm still going! In the BEFORE pic I weighed approx. 140 (after 138 I refused to get on the scale for awhile) in the AFTER pic I was at 121.5 (on 11/5) today I'm at 120 but basically look the same.

I work out at an outdoor bootcamp 3xs a week for 60 minutes which consists or cardio (laps, stairs, hills), circuit training (jump squats, push ups, up hill bear crawls, burpees, etc.), and abs (crunches, planks, leg lifts, etc). Sometimes I do it twice a day and mix in other things running, kickboxing, yoga., I aim to burn about 2000 calories per week if not more but am hardly ever in the gym or lifting weights. This week I start weight-lifting. In addition to the bootcamp I did a 90 day Visalus Challenge, basically this protein shake mix that I used a a meal replacement. I would take 2 a day (1 for bkfst in a yogurt smoothie and one either post work out or snack) feel free to look at my food diary its open. Other than that just the standard lots of water and clean eating (lots of protein, low carb, low sugar) and supergreen food supplement.

Thanks again for the kudos, sometimes I still feel like I have a ways to go but its because I forget how far I've come!
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Great thread, I'm 5'1" as well, anyone please feel free to add me. the more support the better! trying to lose 30 more lbs, have lost 10 so far.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 1.5".

Before... March 2011. Almost 190lbs
    2011march-1.jpg

During... early October
    2011-10-02a.jpg

After... will be taking that one in a few months :) I'm not there yet!
  • crystalinda
    Options
    I am 5' 1.5".

Before... March 2011. Almost 190lbs
    2011march-1.jpg

During... early October
    2011-10-02a.jpg

After... will be taking that one in a few months :) I'm not there yet!

Amazing!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!