New to the site-weekends are my weakness

Options
A friend on FB suggested this site and after I checked out , I thought it looked really good. Started on Tuesday and am excited to see results already. My biggest problem are weekends with dinners that we are invited to and now with the holidays coming, I hope this helps me to stay on track. Any suggestions?

Replies

• PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    That used to be me- eat healthy on weekdays- eat whatever I wanted on the weekends. It was not a good plan... if you go out to eat, remember you don't have to eat the WHOLE thing ;D
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I think many on here may disagree with me, but especially because you don't have a huge amount to lose, you can probably
    splurge a bit on weekends as long as you are good with sticking to your calories and working out during the week. That's what
    I usually do and still lost 10lbs in 4 months. I have tried to be more careful with my choices when I'm out or not eat SO much of
    something that's high calorie but life's about enjoying food too, so I do :wink:
  • Jacksonsmomma2211
    Jacksonsmomma2211 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Eat something small before you go out. It makes it easier for me to avoid eating everything I see. Treat yourself for your hard work every once in a while to keep on track. I have a free day once every few weeks. I still log what I eat but I don't worry so much about what it is that day. The best thing I can tell you that someone told me, if you have a bad day don't give up there's always tomorrow to get back on track.

Welcome to the neighborhood and good luck!!
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    well i have the same problem, i do amazingly awsome during the week, but come the weekends i might as well not even track it is how i feel, knowing i cant really do that and expect to get somewhere, the only thing i can do is think "now if i do this i will be sabotaging my whole efforts ive worked hard for during the week and it will be a never ending circle of not losing any thing, so even though im still strugling with this problem, im doing the best i can, ive got 20lbs im tryin to lose now and my ultimite goal of 40, maybe when you go out with friends make healthier choices on food, drink water instead of soda, and count count count them calories, good luck i hope you find what works for you:flowerforyou:
  • benedict91
    benedict91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am feeling the same struggle...however, starting tonight I have kept celery cut and ready in the fridge. Made a big pot of green tea and have rid my home of wine and beer until I get down to a comfortable weight. But, I have to pep talk myself everyday, all day...I need to win this battle for me and my daughter. I need t set a good example for my 2 year old and I have to gain control of my life and health again :)

12176377.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Weekends used to be a problem for me too. I've got a couple of suggestions, which I hope will work for you:

* Have your weekly "weigh-in" on Monday (that's what I do)
    * Get a lot of exercise on weekends ... so you can have more "exercise" calories (walk to the coffee shop, garden first thing in the morning, take the dog for a walk etc)
    * You have more time to be inventive with your meals

Good luck ...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
  • conlucmom
    Options
    I started on Tuesday also. I downloaded the app on my iPod. I don't have ant tried and true tips, but what I was going to do was just try not to freak out and go WAY overboard.
  • Denesesterling
    Options
    Weekends are nightmare for me as well. My weigh-in is on Mondays and I usually don't workout on weekends. I will do extremely well during the week and pack on back the pounds over the weekend. Still have no control over this nightmare but I realize that becaause of this I have to do some amount of exercise to combat the pounds I gain. Wish you all the best in overcoming your situation.
  • aiyana1228
    aiyana1228 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    One of the things that helps me is to be sure I start out those weekend days with a good breakfast. If I start out eating right I tend to have more control the rest of the day. An old truism for personal control over anything is ti never let yourself be too tired or too hungry. So don't try to avoid all food knowing you are having dinner out. It can be counter productive. Eat light during the day but eat... Definately get in exercise to up your allowed calories.
    As for resteraunt meals. One of the cool things about the site is that you can plug food in before you go to help you make decisions. Most reteraunt food is in here and if its not you can usually go to the resteraunt web site and get the info. Have a plan and then stick to it. Its much easier to get a meal you can eat without restraint then to count on pushing the plate away, You can do this!
  • TrichyV
    Options
    I started on Tuesday too and I was sitting here stressing about the weekend. I am planning on going to the gym tomorrow but I tend to "graze" a great deal on weekends. UGH - thanks for all the great advice. I really hope I can keep it off this time...

10699642.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • baddivamama
    Options
    I think weekends are hard for most people...Me included. When I do get "off track" that's when it happens... I try to make sure I have "good choices" in the house if it's an around the house kind of weekend and make decent choices if I do go out - I can never eat the whole meal - but that's ok...most items make a great 2nd dinner. :) I have to lean on my Shakeology shakes a bit more on the weekends also unless I'm super busy. When I have the down time over the weekend, I make sure to use some of it for additional work out time too and that helps make up for anything 'extra' that I might feed my face!

~Nichole
    www.onefitnessmojo.com
  • VanneWuch
    Options
    I officially started last Monday and had a bad Friday and Saturday...going to the movies and family dinner out. to keep on track today
    first thing I did was worked out to gain extra calories for the day. Of course today I am coming in "under" so I'll accept that as a positive for the last 2 days.
  • 235INFidel
    235INFidel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I quickly realized that having a "cheat weekend" was sabotaging the progress of the previous week. So now I just do one or two cheat meals. I don't stress over it, but I exercise more restraint.
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I work out extra on the weekends to add to the cals I can eat and stay w/in my guidelines.. that's just me tho..
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Just keep logging and be honest. If it went in your mouth then log it. I'm bad on the weekends too. But I still try my best to log everything and try to make better choices. I still lose weight.

You will probably start to get better on the weekends , maybe not perfect, but I'd bet you will get better.