C25K week 7

Options
Hello again lovely people!

Sorry I haven't been posting much this week, I've been so busy but I have been doing my runs. Week 6 completed and I feel amazing. I'm so happy to be doing this challenge with such dedicated and supportive people.

Anyway week 7 (we're nearly finished!!)

- Brisk walk - 5 mins
- Jog - 25 mins
- Brisk walk 5 mins

I'm feeling really confident about this and I am actually beginning to feel like a runner. Good luck guys, looking forward to hearing from you all :)

Replies

• Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Glad you are feeling good and feeling like a runner! :) Pretty awesome eh! Good luck on week 7!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Yes, good luck everyone!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Hey ALL!
    Good to see everyone looking forward to Week 7!
    Knowing I can do it makes next week look really do-able.

Keep pushing forward - you all are super terrific running pals and I look forward to reading how you did.
  • TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Well. I got overly confident today and thought I'd start Wk7 a day early. It went :grumble: Actually, I'm laughing at myself. I don't know if I started too fast, shouldn't have started a day early on the week, or what, but at about 15 minutes it was just OVER and I walked the rest of the way. So now the dilemma is, do I try again tomorrow or wait and do runs 2 and 3 on Tuesday and Thursday like normal? I guess I'll wait and see how I feel. I'm debating doing Bridge to 10K or what I've seen others do on here next, which is restart C25K and do slow run, fast run intervals instead of run, walk intervals. I'm going to do a 5K on January 28th. Decisions, decisions!
  • fit4travels
    Options
    Well. I got overly confident today and thought I'd start Wk7 a day early. It went :grumble: Actually, I'm laughing at myself. I don't know if I started too fast, shouldn't have started a day early on the week, or what, but at about 15 minutes it was just OVER and I walked the rest of the way. So now the dilemma is, do I try again tomorrow or wait and do runs 2 and 3 on Tuesday and Thursday like normal? I guess I'll wait and see how I feel. I'm debating doing Bridge to 10K or what I've seen others do on here next, which is restart C25K and do slow run, fast run intervals instead of run, walk intervals. I'm going to do a 5K on January 28th. Decisions, decisions!
    You probably went too fast, I've done that a couple of times and had to redo the day haha!
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    The program says that you should rest properly between runs, and you've stepped outside your own norm, so that's probably what stopped you. If I were you I'd just do tuesday and thursday as normal, as I'm sure the day off will see you right again.
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    Finished week 7 day 1 (AKA my 2nd 5K) this morning at 8:30. Tired (in a good way) but happy!
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    Finished week 7 day 1 (AKA my 2nd 5K) this morning at 8:30. Tired (in a good way) but happy!
    Oh, forgot the sigs aren't there anymore - journal is at the usual place (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/russelljclarke)
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    The program says that you should rest properly between runs, and you've stepped outside your own norm, so that's probably what stopped you. If I were you I'd just do tuesday and thursday as normal, as I'm sure the day off will see you right again.

This sounds about right to me too
  • rildev03
    rildev03 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I ran 2 miles!! I ran 2 miles!! That is quite a feat considering I am not a runner. I did it in the 25 minutes which I didn't think I could do. I have been sick with a respiratory virus since Wednesday so wasn't sure how I would do today. I had no mental breakdowns and it just felt awesome! My legs were tired but in a good way. I want to up my pace but just not ready yet. But...I ran 2 miles!!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Feels great, doesn't it! Congratulations! :)
    I ran 2 miles!! I ran 2 miles!! That is quite a feat considering I am not a runner. I did it in the 25 minutes which I didn't think I could do. I have been sick with a respiratory virus since Wednesday so wasn't sure how I would do today. I had no mental breakdowns and it just felt awesome! My legs were tired but in a good way. I want to up my pace but just not ready yet. But...I ran 2 miles!!
  • TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone is doing great! Congratulations on the 2 mile/25 minute run rildev! You are doing so well. I think you need to start thinking of yourself as a runner though. Anyone who can do what you're doing now is a runner! Russell, how fast did you go today? I'm not going to try running today; just going to wait for Tuesday for run 2.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options

That is SUPER!!!
    Congratulations Rildev!!
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    Looks like everyone is doing great! Congratulations on the 2 mile/25 minute run rildev! You are doing so well. I think you need to start thinking of yourself as a runner though. Anyone who can do what you're doing now is a runner! Russell, how fast did you go today? I'm not going to try running today; just going to wait for Tuesday for run 2.
    6 MPH. No faster, but thankfully no slower either. Going to run my usual route tues/thur to try to up my speed, as I may have been slowed down a tad by roads etc on sun.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Bounced out of bed this morning ready to tackle C25K Week 7.
    After a quick breakfast of 16oz of water and a hard boiled egg, I was fueled, dressed and ready to go.
    My 13yo gave me a sweet NSV while I was standing at the sink drinking my water.
    She said, " mom I can tell you are getting slimmer".
    How great is that!?!? I was smiling inside as we headed out.
    My 13yo does C25K with me.
    My 10yo rides his bike along with us most days.
    I have found that I need that 5min warm up brisk walk and a 10 min run to get my body warm and my breathing right and my legs ( calves to be exact ) to get stretched out. My calves are a real bugger.
    After our 5 min warm up and 10 min warm up run we walked another 10 min uphill into town. This brings us out to a nice flat area.
    We took off at our run with the goal of doing the Week 7's 25min.
    My daughter did 15min and then walked.
    I kept going and surpassed last weeks personal best ( of 24 min ) and went for 27 mins.
    YAY!!
    This included flat, uphill and downhill terrain as well as paved and gravel terrain.
    When we got back home after our walk cool down & stretches my Dh showed up. He was at work but left b/c his boss had to go after a part, so he decided to cut a load of wood while he waited for him.
    He was going around giving all of us kisses & hugs goodbye b/c he was ready to pull out ( he had this truck and trailer and wood splitter and chainsaws and gas all loaded and ready ).
    When he gave me my hug and kiss he gave me my 2nd NSV for the day. He said, "i can really tell you are getting smaller when i hug you".
    Yippee Yahooey...
    I actually skipped back up to the house and up the stairs to go into the house...LOL:flowerforyou:
    All in all I ran the 10 and then the 27 = 37 min total. Wow - that just stuns me.

Keep pushing forward ALL.
  • Ilovebeagles
    Options

Nice!!!! Congrats!!!
    And... ummm... you ARE a runner!
  • Ilovebeagles
    Options

Here's hoping for a good Tuesday!
  • Ilovebeagles
    Options
    Well, today I started my new job. I did not have to be in until 8:30 (it will be 8 from now on). I woke up at 6. The plan was that I was going to take the dogs out really quicky and then hit the gym to run on the treadmill. However, as I was getting ready i could see that the night was starting to turn to dawn. "hmmm" i thought to myself, it will only get lighter from then on. So after taking care of the pooches I hit the pavement outside. Fantastic! It was nice to be out that early! The run itself was OK. Seems like the first 10 minutes are killer and then after that it gets a bit easier. I completed 1.6 miles (running) which is slightly less than on Friday. But I'm okay with it because, afterall, it was the VERY FIRST thing I did this morning.

I am going to try and get up at 5:30 on Wednesday and get the run in before work. I would rather get it out of the way in the morning, that way when I come home at night I have time for studying and vegging. Then I am going to move my Friday run to Saturday.

Talk to y'all later in the week! keep up the running!!! =0)
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    Completed week 7 day 2. 5K in 29.5 minutes, I'm getting faster!

Journal at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/russelljclarke a bit later, I need a shower and some grub right now!

Rx
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Well, today I started my new job. I did not have to be in until 8:30 (it will be 8 from now on). I woke up at 6. The plan was that I was going to take the dogs out really quicky and then hit the gym to run on the treadmill. However, as I was getting ready i could see that the night was starting to turn to dawn. "hmmm" i thought to myself, it will only get lighter from then on. So after taking care of the pooches I hit the pavement outside. Fantastic! It was nice to be out that early! The run itself was OK. Seems like the first 10 minutes are killer and then after that it gets a bit easier. I completed 1.6 miles (running) which is slightly less than on Friday. But I'm okay with it because, afterall, it was the VERY FIRST thing I did this morning.

I am going to try and get up at 5:30 on Wednesday and get the run in before work. I would rather get it out of the way in the morning, that way when I come home at night I have time for studying and vegging. Then I am going to move my Friday run to Saturday.

Talk to y'all later in the week! keep up the running!!! =0)

I like your attitude.
    I like your plan to run a bit earlier to get it in and done.
    I too like to get my workout in first thing. It just sets a positive and productive tone for the rest of the day.
    I am SURE the dogs love it too.
    Congrats on starting the new job! You have already had a successful week!
    Proud of you for adjusting so nicely.

Keep pushing forward