Hmmm...any problems with Healthy Choice Soup?

Options
I had to run home to have a repairman work on the dishwasher, so I thought I'd try a quick can of "Healthy Choice Chicken with Rice Soup" for Lunch ~ brought it to a boil, and it was pretty good ;-)

The thing that impressed me more was the contents ~ Below.

Apologies, I don't mean to not have a recipe from scratch...but I thought I'd share, 'cause I think I'm going to keep using this soup...unless someone tells me steer clear of this canned soup :happy:

Thanks!
Coach

Soup - Chicken with Rice Soup
Tender pieces of chicken, rice and a colorful mixture of vegetables in an inviting savory broth.

Nutritional Information print this page

Serving size:1 c (240 g ) Calories: 110
Calories from fat: 15

Amount/Serving %DV*
Total Fat (1.5 g) 2 %
Saturated Fat (0 g) 0 %
Trans Fat (0g) 0%
Cholesterol (10 mg) 3 %
Sodium (480 mg) 20 %
Vitamin A 15 %
Calcium 4 % Amount/Serving %DV*
Total Carbohydrates (17 g) 6 %
Dietary Fiber (3 g) 12 %
Sugar (1 g)
Protein (7 g)
Vitamin C 4 %
Iron 4 %

Weight Watcher Points: 2
Contains: soy

http://www.healthychoice.com/products/ew_product_detail.jsp?m=products&s=Soup&t=NA&ProductId=1748&Product=Chicken+with+Rice+Soup&ProductTypeId=50&IngredientId=14&RegionId=13&ProductCatId=17&ProductSubCatId=2

Replies

• Coach2010
    Options
    I had to run home to have a repairman work on the dishwasher, so I thought I'd try a quick can of "Healthy Choice Chicken with Rice Soup" for Lunch ~ brought it to a boil, and it was pretty good ;-)

The thing that impressed me more was the contents ~ Below.

Apologies, I don't mean to not have a recipe from scratch...but I thought I'd share, 'cause I think I'm going to keep using this soup...unless someone tells me steer clear of this canned soup :happy:

Thanks!
    Coach

Soup - Chicken with Rice Soup
    Tender pieces of chicken, rice and a colorful mixture of vegetables in an inviting savory broth.

Nutritional Information print this page

Serving size:1 c (240 g ) Calories: 110
    Calories from fat: 15

Amount/Serving %DV*
    Total Fat (1.5 g) 2 %
    Saturated Fat (0 g) 0 %
    Trans Fat (0g) 0%
    Cholesterol (10 mg) 3 %
    Sodium (480 mg) 20 %
    Vitamin A 15 %
    Calcium 4 % Amount/Serving %DV*
    Total Carbohydrates (17 g) 6 %
    Dietary Fiber (3 g) 12 %
    Sugar (1 g)
    Protein (7 g)
    Vitamin C 4 %
    Iron 4 %

Weight Watcher Points: 2
    Contains: soy

http://www.healthychoice.com/products/ew_product_detail.jsp?m=products&s=Soup&t=NA&ProductId=1748&Product=Chicken+with+Rice+Soup&ProductTypeId=50&IngredientId=14&RegionId=13&ProductCatId=17&ProductSubCatId=2
  • marc4
    marc4 Posts: 79
    Options
    I recently discovered this soup also and for 100 cals I don't think you can go wrong........

K
  • Coach2010
    Options
    Nice! Thanks! Soups it is!!! :drinker:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I had one, I think it was Chicken tortilla soup? It was great, I was so worried it wouldn't taste like anything, but I don't always find them at the grocery, only when I change around. Was that one serving at 100 cal or more specifically was the whole can one serving? Just curious for my next shopping expedition...:tongue:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I love canned soups, but the sodium is practically as bad as the frozen low calorie meals, so that's probably the only thing I'd say to be aware of and to monitor carefully.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I know bnl, I almost fell off the couch when I saw several of my sodium in takes from a "good calorie" day! Yikes!