ready to lose 130 pounds

Options
I am a mother of 2 who has been struggling with my weight since i was 13, and i am now 28. I am currently at the heaviest weight ever at 313. I am devastated by this, but i am ready to make a change and get my butt in gear. I would love any tips any of you have, and are willing to share. I have decided you can never have to many people to support you when it comes to getting healthy.

Replies

• shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Welcome here! This is a great site, with great supports for you! Add me as a friend, I am on here all the time, and would love to offer and receive support and encouragement!
  • jvan1957
    jvan1957 Posts: 114
    Options
    The best things you can do are to faithfully log everything into MFP. And get some friends who will not only support and encourage you, but to also hold you accountable. You can add me as one of those friends, if you like.
  • flutterby6973
    Options
    great for you for taking the first step
    i suggest try a few different approaches and see what works for you... main thing that is the same for every approach is water intake! drink it up... i do low-carb, low sugar, and low fat....
    get some new recipes too, i find that i get bored and then that makes me want to eat the naughty things that are not good for you
    so take baby steps, walk a bit a few days a week, and dont get discouraged if you have a bad day... just dust yourself off and get back into the groove of things
    you can friend me if you want support... good luck!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You can do it!!
  • leme1183
    Options
    thanks for all of the support :-) how do i add friends?
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    Welcome welcome! Big goals, I like that! You can do it and MFP will certainly help you whenever you need it along the way. Best of luck to you!
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! And congrats on taking that first step! There are a lot of great people on here that will support and cheer you on as you go thru your journey. Best wishes to you!
  • I HEAR YOU! I am 310 myself, at my heaviest! Welcome to the site and good luck!
  • You can search people under the community tab under find friends either people in your area or people with same goals as you etc :)