strange stomach pains

Options
i have been keeping up my regular exercise regime but have absolutely no appetite, and only am eating to sustain myself right now. my stomach feels strange, not so much pain but a very high level of discomfort. any experts out here??

Replies

• vickster82
    Options
    i have been keeping up my regular exercise regime but have absolutely no appetite, and only am eating to sustain myself right now. my stomach feels strange, not so much pain but a very high level of discomfort. any experts out here??
  • Coach2010
    Options
    No expert...but a lot of expertise in dealing with my stomach :laugh:

Sorry...just kidding.

Ahem...anyway...I can appreciate the no appetite gig, but do take care to maintain a good balance of fresh vegetables and fruit to kinda keep everything normalized. I've increased in my water drinking, but I always drink fruit juice too.

Besides that, be sensitive on the location of the discomfort and when the discomfort comes. Is it lower, higher? Does it favor one side? When does it happen? Does it occur after sleeping, exercising, eating, or bowel movement (sorry...just being real here).

I had a peculiar result from over working at a volunteer effort. Turns out I had torn an abdominal muscle during all of the work I was doing. I had no clue, until going into the doctors.

Bottom line: if the discomfort persists, or your concern grows...go to the doctors and check it out.

Hope that helps. :smile:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    If you've been eating a lot of different foods suddenly, that could cause it. You should make all dietary changes gradually... otherwise your body will have a rougher time adjusting. For instance, I went from eating almost no fiber to eating 35-40g of fiber a day. Stomach cramps and gas galore!