RE-Motivating Myself

Hey everyone....

My name is Shawna and I am a 31 year old mother of 4 (two youngest living with me and my two oldest with my mother). I am a full time college student with 1 more semester to go. (YAAAY!!!) I am new to this site and am already procrastinating. I am 400+ lbs and want to desperately shed the weight, but feel very overwhelmed. I also, feel like I am already making excuses. I am doing the weight loss journey with my Bestie, who is a great motivator, but I still feel at a standstill. I don't know if it is a fear of failing, or what but I need to get going on this. Any advice or words of encouragement would be very helpful and appreciated.

Thank you for reading!!! :)

Replies

• NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    The only advise you need is to record everything honestly.

Even if you don't do anything hold yourself accountable for doing just that nothing.

That when when you go back you see clearly see this is why I didn't lose weight.

Then when watch your calories and use the tools provided you can watch the pounds fall off with a smile on your face ^.^

Don't be discouraged. This is a lifestyle change.

We did not put the weight on in a day. We can't be expected to change out mindset in just one day either

Good Luck
  • kitty710
    kitty710 Posts: 11 Member
    I thought that as well - I'm a mum of 3 and work part time. You just need take it one day at a time and try planning meals - i do that and then i am able to stick to it and only buy in what I need. My entire family lifestyle has changed for the better and its only just the beginning. Everyone has the power to change their lives. You can do this!!!! this site is great for support

good luck for your journey!!!!

xxurl=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]9520604.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Mennassey
    Mennassey Posts: 27 Member
    Hey Shawna

The best advice I can give you is RESEARCH! One of the reasons my past weight loss attempts have fell through was because I was un-educated on nutrition, and workouts. I mean I understood the basic of what was good, and what was not, but coming up with meals and recipes became very overwhelming. Also working out can be very ineffective if not done properly.

Within the last week I have researched something called the "Afterburn Effect." Its a cycle you want to trigger while working out. I am definitely testing out this method starting tomorrow. It is basically an intense workout session, in which your body cant supply enough oxygen fast enough to your muscles. At this point another energy system called anaerobic, then has to assist with providing more energy. After this intense workout is completed, your body starts to repay the borrowed energy, burning fat even after your workout has been completed.

There are so many ways to do things. Look up superfoods, make sure you have healthy snacks available, and drink plenty of water. If you dont see the importance of water, here is an article I came across on this website. It will explain the importance of keeping the body hydrated. http://timeforfitness.com/?p=352

Good Luck, and if your looking for some friends, go ahead an add me :)

Briana
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 406 Member
    You can do this, you just need to take baby steps! As said before, this is a lifestyle change, and for most people it's entirely too overwhelming to tackle everything at once. Start making small changes to your routine such as drinking more water, or if you drink pop, reduce the amount (entirely eventually). Once those things become second nature, tackle something new. Before you know it, your outside will start to reflect the way you're treating your insides :)
  • Sunlight2011
    Sunlight2011 Posts: 75 Member
    I totally agree with the small steps approach. One meal at a time and you'll know whether what your about to eat will do you good or leave you feeling like you've failed. Weight loss is a simple equation: The calories you eat should match the calories you burn. Very straight forward BUT this doesn't take into account the psychological warfare that ensues. Losing weight can change several aspects of your life. How others see you and how you see yourself. We may sabotage ourselves as we don't feel we deserve to be all we can be, or fear the changes that this will bring. Others may sabotage us as they see us changing and growing in confidence and fear they may lose us. The main thing is to stay focused. There'll be ups and downs but once your there it'll be SOOO SWEET! Best of luck and apologies for getting a bit heavy on a Saturday morning.:smile:
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Start out slow and log everything!

Even if your calories aren't under at first it's the start of your journey. Try knocking a small amount of calories off every day until you get to the point you are under. Try cutting your servings by a little bit and putting less butter, sauce or dressing on your food.

Walk around the house for 15 minutes at a time until you feel comfortable venturing outside for a walk around the block. Swimming is a great exercise if you are finding walking tuff. Start out slow since making your muscles throb the next day will likely discourage you from exercise. Every little change helps. Recognize your accomplishments and don't dwell on your mistakes.

I know how you feel because I'm only a week in and have 125lbs to lose. I have psoriatic arthritis which makes exercise hard. I have not really exercised in years. I have been walking with my husband in the evenings for about an hour and it hurts but I am determined to do it. Once you make the changes you will be surprised by how quickly you adapt to it.

Take it one step at a time and before you know it you'll be on your way!