Calling all Chocoholics

Options
For any fellow chocolate lovers...

What do you do when you have a craving for chocolate? Favorite low cal chocolate snacks? And how often do you allow yourself to have chocolate?
Just wondering...

Replies

• asaba1013
    Options
    hey! i get the chocolate fudgesicle bars, 40 cals each!!! sometimes i eat two a day! lol... or sugar free choclate pudding cups! its under 100 cals...yum! i usually eat something choclate during a snack or with dinner!
  • LorTay8
    LorTay8 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    good post!!! It is difficult - because allowing a little still keeps the craving alive - but I can't ban it either, so I do keep that very high cocoa stuff in the cupboard and allow myself one square once in a blue moon. I also have the occasional cadbury;s options hot chocolate drink - 40 cals. Look forward to hearing other replies! Good luck!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i am addicted to chocolate. I used to go to Sees regularly and ate Haagen Daaz every day :(

Its is very difficult...but I am drinking this 19 calorie hot chocolate right now, and its pretty good for...19 calories haha. I am sure you can find something similar in the United States (as I used to live there). The one I am drinking today (first time trying it and its actually helping! I keep it in a thermos so that way when I drink it..it doesnt cool down thus I have to drink slowly) is called "Morinanga milk cocoa calorie 1/4"

Good luck!!! :)
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I've found for me it's actually only the first bite of chocolate that is orgasmic. All the follow up bites are just trying to re-create that rush of the first bite, but fail miserably. So I just eat one square, and then I'm done :happy: A lady I work with just has a long, deep smell of chocolate ans says she is satisfied.:huh:
  • angeldelight13
    angeldelight13 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i usually get a chocolate craving in the evening after dinner or when im stressed. Im trying to use options drinks to help get through the cravings, i think there 44-60 calories per drink :happy:
  • razorspells
    Options
    For now I replaced it with raisins and cereal bars, but if I do give in I only take a bite or two, I don't finish the whole bar or I just get the mini size version of the bar :smile:

All of this I take in moderation :smile:
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    hey! i get the chocolate fudgesicle bars, 40 cals each!!! sometimes i eat two a day! lol... or sugar free choclate pudding cups! its under 100 cals...yum! i usually eat something choclate during a snack or with dinner!

yeah, i pretty much couldn't do this without sugar free chocolate pudding cups (60 cals) or no sugar added fudgesicle bars (40 cals)! i also eat the chocolate flavored rice cakes every now and then... and at the moment i'm having a cup of sugar free hot cocoa (60 cals). did i mention i have a pretty bad sweet tooth? :wink:
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    the skinny cow chocolate truffle bars are AMAZING. They are 100 cal each (in Canada anyway), and they are soooo good!
  • daimoslain
    Options
    I will say I am a chocholic and its a pretty hard to resist when I work in a convienant shop. I've restarted my diet again just yesterday and resisted going down that isle altogether lol. I did take some peacan nuts into work which did filled me enough to keep the craving down. Otherwise if I need that quick fix I usually buy 100 cal milky bar, otherwise sweet flavoured fruit like red grapes, pink lady apples.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Try taking magnesium tablets - they help to reduce your cravings for chocolate. :)
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Im not a chocoholic but recently when i go to the shop and im asked to get a bar of chocolate by the family i have been buying 80% dark chocolate for myself and will eat one or two squares and it will stay in the refrigerator for a few weeks before I have another piece and no one touches it as they dont like dark chocolate :bigsmile:
  • lilidelafield
    lilidelafield Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Chocoholic here! If I have have a craving for chocolate, and I am out somewhere, I will buy ONE bar and enjoy it. Why not? I get something like KitKat Chunky, which satisfies big time and fills me up. I factor it into my day and if necessary run up and down the stairs a few times to work it off. If I really can't afford the calories or I have already succombed I have a mug or coffee or hot chocolate. Chocolate options are great. As a choccy treat, try mixing a sachet of chocolate options with a small pot of natural yoghurt or framage frais. It is to die for!!!
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm a massive chocoholic! I usually don't keep anything chocolatey in the house other than hot chocolate because I know i'll just eat it as soon as I buy it! Hot chocolate is good for the chocolate craving plus has the nutrients from the milk. On occasion I buy 80% dark choc though.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm def. a chocoholic.. I eat it everyday.. Kid you not!

I get those dove promises or a chocolate bar and break it up into pieces. I have one or two pieces a day and its' enough to satisfy me, and it's between 50-80 calories normally.

I also eat chocolate ice cream if I want it cause nothing beats that.
  • lrobson555
    lrobson555 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You can get thin Cadbury's dairy milk bars that are only 110 calories. I just let myself have chocolate whenever I want it. No point in making myself miserable!
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Im not a chocoholic but recently when i go to the shop and im asked to get a bar of chocolate by the family i have been buying 80% dark chocolate for myself and will eat one or two squares and it will stay in the refrigerator for a few weeks before I have another piece and no one touches it as they dont like dark chocolate :bigsmile:

^^^this but sometimes I accompany it with vanilla pudding to balance it out, chocolate rice cakes and I love the semi sweet mini chocolate chips. I buy them mini because they're not gone as fast and I put them in my yogurt and I have chocolate in every bite.
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options

^^^this but sometimes I accompany it with vanilla pudding to balance it out, chocolate rice cakes and I love the semi sweet mini chocolate chips. I buy them mini because they're not gone as fast and I put them in my yogurt and I have chocolate in every bite. I get Hershey's dark chocolate mini bars too from time to time, but they can be dangerous for me 'cause I'll be thinking of them all day and eat more that I plan to.

oops double post
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I've figured out that one or two little pieces of dark chocolate satisfies the craving better than anything else for me. So, when the chocolate craving hits I buy a couple of bars of the best, most expensive dark chocolate I can find. Green & Black, Chocolove, Dagoba, and Endangered Species are my favorites.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I get my chocolate fix everyday in one of two ways. I add a tablespoon of cocoa powder and a little stevia (Truvia) to plain yogurt or I add one tablespoon of cocoa powder to my morning smoothie (mixed berries, protein powder, cocoa and spinach). Yes the spinach sounds gross but the berries and cocoa cover it up and counts as one of my veg for the day.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I love my Rasinettes they are milk chocolate covered rasin and they are 190 cals per serving I always find a way to squeeze them in and they antioxdents in them