AWESOME fat-free, high-fiber brownies - only about 100 cal.

Options
akob237
akob237 Posts: 7 Member
Don't be discouraged by the ingredients!! They sound disgusting, I admit, but I actually like them more than regular brownies now. Ingredients: 1 brownie mix, 1 can black beans, 1 can (14.5 oz) of Libby's (or any other) pumpkin (the kind you use to make pumpkin pies).

Puree the entire can of beans (do not drain!!) in a blender or processor until fairly mush. Add this and HALF the can of pumpkin to the dry brownie mix. Mix together. That's it! Don't add the "called for" ingredients on the brownie mix. Bake as directed, although you may need 5-7 extra minutes. However, don't be fooled by the extra gooey-ness of the brownies and mistake them for being undercooked. The sides of the brownies should just start to be pulling away from the pan; that's how you know they're done. I added 1/2 a bag of milk chocolate morsels on top before I put the brownies in the oven and then spread them out like frosting as soon as the brownies were removed. Mmmmmm!

Replies

• akob237
    akob237 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged by the ingredients!! They sound disgusting, I admit, but I actually like them more than regular brownies now. Ingredients: 1 brownie mix, 1 can black beans, 1 can (14.5 oz) of Libby's (or any other) pumpkin (the kind you use to make pumpkin pies).

Puree the entire can of beans (do not drain!!) in a blender or processor until fairly mush. Add this and HALF the can of pumpkin to the dry brownie mix. Mix together. That's it! Don't add the "called for" ingredients on the brownie mix. Bake as directed, although you may need 5-7 extra minutes. However, don't be fooled by the extra gooey-ness of the brownies and mistake them for being undercooked. The sides of the brownies should just start to be pulling away from the pan; that's how you know they're done. I added 1/2 a bag of milk chocolate morsels on top before I put the brownies in the oven and then spread them out like frosting as soon as the brownies were removed. Mmmmmm!
  • little_wolfie
    Options
    mmm that sounds delicious. I make some really good cookies using white beans instead of oil, so I know how good those beans in baking can be :)
  • ferris1364
    ferris1364 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow! I never you could use beans like that. I'm intrigued!
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    allrecipes.com has a recipe for SURPRISE FUDGE---it has pinto beans in it---DELICIOUS!!! Those beans are great fillers!

123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jjublia
    Options
  • jjublia
    Options
    whats your cookie recipe??
  • nicholedunn
    Options
    Mmmm I want to try this!! Thanks for the info!:wink:
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    hmmm....would you need to take beano before eating these? never heard of a flatulence causing brownie! :laugh:
    i'm tired, going to bed :yawn: lol
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    hmmm....would you need to take beano before eating these? never heard of a flatulence causing brownie! :laugh:
    i'm tired, going to bed :yawn: lol

:laugh: so funny :laugh: