free run on Wii Fit

Options
I have a question about the free run. How accurate are the miles on it? it said I jogged 3.5 miles in 30 minutes. is there anyway to calculate it to see if it is right?

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I have a question about the free run. How accurate are the miles on it? it said I jogged 3.5 miles in 30 minutes. is there anyway to calculate it to see if it is right?
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I've wondered the same thing! I do that almost every day and can get between 4 and 4.5 miles..if it's accurate, I'm excited!! :)
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't think it is very accurate (not to be the negative one here), but if you put the Wii remote in your pocket the Mii on the screen runs a lot faster than you are running. I have started putting it in my hand and it seems to be more equivalent to my speed then, but I still think it rates it a little high.
  • spacher89
    Options
    Just divid 3.5 by 30. Which is 8.57, which is about a 8 and a half minute mile. Now ask yourself do you think that is possible? If it is the Wii is right. I think it is very possible. Being a girls track coach and all.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    I guess I don't think it is very accurate (not to be the negative one here), but if you put the Wii remote in your pocket the Mii on the screen runs a lot faster than you are running. I have started putting it in my hand and it seems to be more equivalent to my speed then, but I still think it rates it a little high.
    I always hold onto it. I always where yoga pants when I run so I never have pockets.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Just divid 3.5 by 30. Which is 8.57, which is about a 8 and a half minute mile. Now ask yourself do you think that is possible? If it is the Wii is right. I think it is very possible. Being a girls track coach and all.
    Thank you!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I always wonder that too since I do about 6 miles when I do my 30 min run.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I always wonder that too since I do about 6 miles when I do my 30 min run.

I would question that one. That's a 5 min mile. I can only do about 9 min miles on my treadmill.