Almost there...

Options
As of this morning's weigh-in. I am just two lb. shy of my target.

Two pounds.

TWO POUNDS.

I started my regimen on August 2, just a few months after I quit smoking (a 30 year habit). I weighed 205 at the time. I now walk an average of 8 miles per day, up to 15 on weekends. Last week, I walked nearly 70 miles. Tomorrow morning, I'll walk my 600th mile since starting all of this.

I will reach my target weight within the week, most likely, and then, ya know what?

I'm gonna have a piece of cake, cuz I've freakin' earned it!

Oh, and I have a name for my regimen if I ever decide to write a book about it. I'm calling it the "Take a Potato, Grab Your Nuts and Walk Your *kitten* Off Diet."

Replies

• threeringedgirl
    Options
    i like it.... but i'm confused about taking a potato... damn i love potatoes.

CONGRATS!!!!

YOU GET THOSE TWO POUNDS!!!! (off that is)

but i would reccommend a non-food reward like an outing or clothing or movie or something... just my two cents
  • mkcaranci
    mkcaranci Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, what an inspiration!
  • vyomafit
    Options
    A key part of my diet has been eating about 200 g of potatoes every day, along with a couple of ounces of nuts. I'm having cake, and NOBODY will stop me!
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    A key part of my diet has been eating about 200 g of potatoes every day, along with a couple of ounces of nuts. I'm having cake, and NOBODY will stop me!

Heck ya! Have some cake!! Great job and congratulations. :)
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You deserve your cake!!
  • RagtimeLady
    RagtimeLady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wish I could see your diaries! I'm guessing you're going for high potassium. I can never seem to get nearly enough and I suffer from leg/foot cramps when I exercise. My favorite snacks are 1/4c of dried apricots or pistachios, but they're not exactly low calorie.

When I really have a taste for cake, you know what I call it? DINNER! lol... once in a while, ain't gonna hurt ya.

But BIG congrats on being so close to your goal! That's great!

Cheers....:drinker:
  • vyomafit
    Options
    Thanks, RagtimeLady (and everybody), and you're right. Because walking has been a big part of my plan, I've made sure that I had a potassium-rich diet. Potatoes and kiwi fruits have been totally indispensable!
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    I agree...HAVE THE CAKE! :)

I am so glad you posted this...I am attempting to *walk off* my weight too...and was proud of my 15 miles last week, until I saw your mileage!! I can do more, and you proved it!
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    As of this morning's weigh-in. I am just two lb. shy of my target.

Two pounds.

TWO POUNDS.

I started my regimen on August 2, just a few months after I quit smoking (a 30 year habit). I weighed 205 at the time. I now walk an average of 8 miles per day, up to 15 on weekends. Last week, I walked nearly 70 miles. Tomorrow morning, I'll walk my 600th mile since starting all of this.

I will reach my target weight within the week, most likely, and then, ya know what?

I'm gonna have a piece of cake, cuz I've freakin' earned it!

Oh, and I have a name for my regimen if I ever decide to write a book about it. I'm calling it the "Take a Potato, Grab Your Nuts and Walk Your *kitten* Off Diet."

Ok, you've made me feel like a slacker. I started this back in August as well (Aug. 11) and I'm no where near 50 lbs. lost! Ugh...

Anyhow, congrats! I like the name of your future book!:laugh:
  • jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'd buy that book! Lol. Congratulations by the way. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!