Gym

Options
Well I joined the gym today now all I have to do is get myself out of bed every morning and go.

Replies

• onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Well I joined the gym today now all I have to do is get myself out of bed every morning and go.
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It's easier and much more fun if you can find yourself a workout buddy who can go with you :smile:
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    Get into a habit....find something you love waking up to! For me- and yes I realize I am a guy, but I wake up at 5 o clock in the morning to workout until six? WHY DO I DO THAT EVEN THOUGH I HATE THE MORNING WITH A PASSION AND AM NOT A MORNING PERSON AT ALL? Because I love being able to relax for an hour and a half eating a slow breakfast, getting on the internet, and most of all watching my news and morning shows! lol. Its horrible, but it really keeps me going every morning! Get working out, out of the way so I can be on to the things I really love. I love working out, I just hate waking up early to do it!
  • bethmary
    Options
    How early do you have to get up to go to the gym? Is it really early? Good luck with that! I always say that going to the gym the first few times is just like going back to church when you haven't gone in a while...you have to make yourself do it, but afterwards you always feel better! LOL.
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    Get into a habit....find something you love waking up to! For me- and yes I realize I am a guy, but I wake up at 5 o clock in the morning to workout until six? WHY DO I DO THAT EVEN THOUGH I HATE THE MORNING WITH A PASSION AND AM NOT A MORNING PERSON AT ALL? Because I love being able to relax for an hour and a half eating a slow breakfast, getting on the internet, and most of all watching my news and morning shows! lol. Its horrible, but it really keeps me going every morning! Get working out, out of the way so I can be on to the things I really love. I love working out, I just hate waking up early to do it!

Good stuff. I had a psych professor in college who specialized in addictive behaviors and she always said that if you do something for 21 days it becomes a habit. She challenged us to change something in our lives for 21 days and it worked for 95% of the class
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    Options
    How early do you have to get up to go to the gym? Is it really early? Good luck with that! I always say that going to the gym the first few times is just like going back to church when you haven't gone in a while...you have to make yourself do it, but afterwards you always feel better! LOL.

I Have to get up at 5:30am to go to the gym. I hope I can do it!
  • Mattysmomma
    Options
    When i have to get up extra early to get to the gym, it ME time. I luv it, no kids or hubby. Just me and the treadmile and I seriously need this time.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:30 am, at the gym from 5:15-6:00. I also go to the gym for 45 min. over my lunch hour. I would like to do my P90X in the evening, but I am either too busy or too tired. I go to the gym in the morning because our exercies room is next to our bedroom, and my wife doesn't get up quite that early! My goal is to burn 200 cals each workout with cardio and the rest pf the tome is spent strength training. I am in my mid 50s and want to be healthy & strong for a long time!
  • rsmclaurin
    Options
    :happy: Today was the first time I made myself get up to workout in the morning before work. I usually workout at night after work, but at that time all I really want to do is go home so it's not as enjoyable.

I'm really glad I got up this morning. I went to a new Step Interval class and really enjoyed it. I feel like I have more energy this morning and am happy to know that I dont need to work out tonight after work!! Will TRY to make this a habit to do at least a couple times a week! :glasses:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

That's what I do! I cherish that quiet time in the morning, so I sacrifice time in my evening (having to go to bed earlier). I find that having a routine helps a lot too.

Pick a time you're going to go and stick with it. Choose how many days. Maybe start with three days a week (Mon-Weds-Fri) and go those days at the same time, no matter what. You'll feel accomplished at the end of the week and pretty soon you'll start feeling really good. :happy:
  • Coach2010
    Options
    Morning OMWTS!

Well, if you are definitely a Morning person, then I'd suggest joining a Group on the Motivation/Support Community tab. They can be a support for you.

I just signed up for the 200 lbs. Community Group :happy:

Have a great experience with the MFP! :drinker:
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    Options
    Well I have been getting my butt out of bed and going to the gym. So far so good. I'm down 4lbs in a week from going.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Success is a great motivator, don't you think?
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Do you have to go in the morning? I get up at 5:15 for work already, the gym doesn't even open til 6:00, and I have to be at work at 6:30.... and there's NO WAY I could get myself up and jogging or working out at home at 4:30, so I go in the afternoon or evening.

And the others are right. It's sooo much easier if you have a buddy to go with you! I have a friend at work that goes to classes with me and we MAKE each other leave work by 4:45 at least 3 days/week to go to the gym.

We're teachers - and we work really loooong hours and there's always about a million things we could do after school.