Nutella or Natural Peanut butter?

Options

Replies

• mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options

Oh nutella, you art delicious. I eat you with a spoon <3

Me too! And that is why I have forced myself not to buy it in the last couple of weeks. I'll make a sandwich or two then eat the rest of the jar with a spoon in one sitting. I'd eat it with my hand to avoid doing dishes but the opening is kind of small for my big man hands. :blushing:
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I love Almond butter....
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Natural almond or peanut butter here.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I might be the only person in the world who hates Nutella.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter is better for you, as nutella is high in added sugar. Peanut butter is high in fat, but if you're buying true natural peanut butter (made with only peanuts and salt) then it's all healthy fat. Nutella is pretty tasty, but you might consider looking into a homemade alternative, since I've seen some recipes for healthier versions floating around the internet.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I might be the only person in the world who hates Nutella.

No, there's two others...
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    pretty rough to compare nutella to natural peanut butter... natural would be the straight up selection between the 2...

but as easy as nut butters are to make, why not grab some hazelnuts and some cocoa powder and make your own skip adding all the sugar they do for the store bought stuff?

the natural PB I looked at had 4 more grams of fat but 16 grams less carbs.
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Nutella sucks and it's one of the most unhealthy food (next to mcdonalds and that kind of rubbish)
    Stick to PB :D
  • Zsangel
    Zsangel Posts: 202
    Options
    NUTELLA HANDS DOWN!! :love:

ETA that I don't allow myself to buy the stuff now because I eat it straight from that jar :grumble:
  • angela475
    Options
    I partly blame Nutella for helping me gain so much weight a couple of years ago - we used to keep a big jar in the cupboard and when I was craving chocolate I would just eat it straight from the tub with a spoon! (*Not* a good idea!!)

If you're using natural peanut butter then that's pretty healthy - I wouldn't swap that for Nutella! :-)
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Strong thread. It is meaningless to consider one single type of food as healthy or unhealthy outside the context of the whole diet.
  • holyguacamole
    holyguacamole Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you do get nutella, BE CAREFUL!! Its SO addictive! I can't but it anymore, can't trust myself with it :( Its ruined many healthy days for me... But if you can do it in moderation, it will be fine. Its SO tasty!
  • Mesha_yy
    Mesha_yy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Nutella will definitely taste better than peanut butter but the sugar is higher. I personally have to stay away from it all together because I will eat the whole container in one sitting.

loooooooooool, i do that, without realising, then with guilt, i track it on MFP
  • anastasiats
    Options
    I believe natural peanut butter is better than nutella..lboth if you r an a diet,forget abut it...if you have the craving,though, and you have to have something sweet,i 'D say a spoon of peanut butter...have you ever tried tahini? Whenever i crave peanutbuter i eat honey with tahini!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Nutella is pretty unhealthy but I like it :love:.
    I sometimes (okay twice a week!) have a tbsp on bread (hot toast just makes it too sickly IMO) for breakfast, fills me up till mid afternoon though so not 'too' bad if you don't eat to much and it stops you feeling hungry. x
  • harrydresden
    Options
    One serving of Nutella is about 80calories. It tastes good, and makes a change from peanut butter. I'm pretty sure not everything, ever, needs to be the absolute epitome of healthiness. It's delicious on toast, satisfying, and, like I said; it makes a change. I eat both, so I'm not partial to one over the other.

Plus, Nutella is good enough that you don't really risk having more than the allotted serving size -- unless you're someone who naturally can't stop once you start -- so it's generally all good. Definitely a bit of a sugar boost in the morning, too, as would any good quality chocolate spread. And, you won't feel like you're munching the same things over and over.
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    justin's chocolate hazelnut butter... less sugar than nutella. and more naturally delicious...

look for ilookthetype to second this sentiment... it's her fault i love it so much.

I love Nutella, but now that you point that out...thank you XD

Definitely going to get some! :D
  • paulslimjonesbryant
    Options
    none keep away from any spreads or jams
  • phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    Nutella will definitely taste better than peanut butter but the sugar is higher. I personally have to stay away from it all together because I will eat the whole container in one sitting.

This!! i had to break up with Nutella for this reason :) Luckily, there's a convenience store near me that sells Nutella&Go, which is a serving of it with some little bread sticks fo dipping. 260 cals, so it's a lovely treat and I keep it controlled.

Trader Joe's also has a chocolate almond butter I've wanted to try, but i am afraid of being addicted to that, too. Oh well!

So your best choice here is natural peanut butter, wherein the only ingredient is peanuts. Check those labels!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Strong thread. It is meaningless to consider one single type of food as healthy or unhealthy outside the context of the whole diet.

Totally agree with this!

I still say PB&CO dark choc > nutella