Healthy for the Holidays Challenge 11/13-1/1/12

Options
Hi all my name is Christine and I am starting a group to try to get us through to the New Year. Every Sunday will be a weigh in date and I will be posting exercise challenges for each week. They will start out easy and then get progressively difficult as the weeks go on. All you need to do to join is to introduce yourself, starting weight and goal weight by the end of the 8 week challenge. I will be posting a chart of percentage weight loss every week to help track everyones progress.

There is also a group created of the same name. This is like a blog. Just click grou under the Community tab and search for it there.

**Reminder- The page will stop when it gets to a certain amount of posts. If it gets to that point, I will be sure to post the link on this first post for you to find the next page of the group.

Name: Christine
Starting Weight: 219
Goal Weight: 205

Replies

• FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Sounds great and I need something!

My name is Leigh :flowerforyou:

Starting weight 159
    Goal weight in eight weeks 147
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hey Christine, count me in. I can use all the support I can get going into the Holidays. I've always come out of them with a weight gain - but not this year.

Starting Weight: 163
    Goal Weight: 153
    :smile:
  • merrick7871
    Options
    Hello, I'm Merrick. I would love a holiday challenge.

Starting weight 167
    8 week goal weight 147
  • strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    OK i want to try !! I'm in one challenge now but we only weigh in I really want a challenge something that will push me...
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for a good challenge group to go along with mine! Count me in :) Will you also be creating a group for this? It is sooo much easier to find the threads when a group is made! Just a suggestion :)

My name is Lauren!

SW: 185.5 (this could change my sunday though, because this is my weigh-in from last Monday!)
    GW: 170
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    would love to join, my name is Kay and I am 23 yrs old. Here to lose weigh obviously, and have fun doing it!

I am not waiting to live life after i lose weight, I am living life while losing weight!
  • bella529
    bella529 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Natalie and would love to join your holiday challenge. By the end of the 8 weeks, I hope to be down 16 lbs. :happy:

10834215.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yay! I will accept your challenge!

Ok my name is Queeda I am 23 year old!
    Starting weight: 200.8
    Goal weight: 192.8

I try to loose 1lb a week so my challenge is to keep up with this during the holidays.
  • eeyorelvr09
    eeyorelvr09 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hello all. This started up fast. I'm so happy to see all of you.
    I am always looking for a good challenge group to go along with mine! Count me in :) Will you also be creating a group for this? It is sooo much easier to find the threads when a group is made! Just a suggestion :)

I do have a group started as well it is called Healthy for the Holidays. I made that one before this so that is why there is 2 different names. If I can chang the name I will change it to the same name as this to make it easier.
  • MABEL733
    MABEL733 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just joined this site today and would love to participate in the challenge. My name is Amy. Starting weight in 162. Goal weight is 155.
  • mn518
    mn518 Posts: 18
    Options
    I was just looking through the threads to see if there was something open to join! I need some accountability.

My name is Melissa and my starting weight is 139.4 and my goal weight will be 127.4

Thanks for starting this!
  • eeyorelvr09
    Options
    Welsome everyone. I also have a group for this topic as well. It is of the same title. Lauren, thanks for suggesting this.

Hope everyone enjoys this and that it is a success for all of us.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Awesome, just joined that group as well
  • lauramonster
    Options
    Laura. SW: 145. GW: 135.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    ooh oooh oooh can i join? i really need the extra push!

nolachick:
    SW: 164
    GW: 159 want to break into the 150's!!!

woohhoo
  • strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    OK MY STARTING WEIGHT IS 158.8
    GOAL WEIGHT AT END OF CHALLENGE IS .... UMMM 145 =/
  • obviouslysubtle
    obviouslysubtle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Obviouslysubtle

5' 7"
    SW: 153
    GW: 145
  • javajelloandjen
    Options
    love this idea!
  • eeyorelvr09
    Options
    Welcome to the others who have joined. I am excited for this. I will be keeping track of the weight lost of each person and the percentage of weight loss for those of you who gave me your weight.

Stay tuned tomorrow for the exercise challenge. I will try to put some nutritional challenges as well. If you want you can share recipes with other members via the group with the same name.
  • klbeal
    klbeal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I need. Thanks!

Kelly
    Starting weight :220lbs
    Goal weight: 208lbs