Potassium...curse you!

Options
How on god's green earth does one consume 3,400 mg's of potassium every day? Let's see--I had a banana at breakfast, a tangerine as a snack, 5 cups of spinach over the course of the day, along with carrots and cucumbers and other saladish veggies...and I'm nowhere near 3,400! What must I do? It seems like potassium is really important, but how do I get enough of it?

Replies

• Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    How on god's green earth does one consume 3,400 mg's of potassium every day? Let's see--I had a banana at breakfast, a tangerine as a snack, 5 cups of spinach over the course of the day, along with carrots and cucumbers and other saladish veggies...and I'm nowhere near 3,400! What must I do? It seems like potassium is really important, but how do I get enough of it?
  • chantybear
    Options
    Multivitamin?
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    um with the spinach, you should have def had enough... more than 3400 mg of potassium. did the spinach that you entered have the potassium level listed? i find many food on mfp does not list the potassium level at all, even if there is potassium in that food.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    What I have to contribute here is not a good thing for my choices, but certainly more understandable now that I am doing it right...

When I was going to a "weight loss doctor" for about five years, I got Phentermine, Phenterzmine (sp?) and a water pill along with potassium......................this all worked for me for about 4 years, I rarely ate and never exercised and was wayyyyy thin for my height. I also took xanax (prescribed by the same guy) for my shakes and a sleeping pill as I could never sleep.....................after I quit all this, I gained all my weight back plus some.

So, I'm back here doing it right and although it was great for me those years, I certainly do not support that system and/or the potassium pills he gave me as I was so upset to realize I could not take anything off easy anymore.

While I have skewed off the orig topic, I hope some see that my learning exp should be taken as a story to be not-adhered to!