Weighing in

Options
How do you get your weights? How often do you weigh yourself and update your profile. I got officially weighed at my physical a couple weeks ago. Do I use my own scale? My weight varies day to day by quite a bit so I want an accurate reading.

Replies

• kimber_av
    Options
    it's best to have your own scale in your home.
    That way you can start at xxx weight and then always use that one and see the DIFFERENCE. not just the number. because I've noticed a difference in scales. so now i Only go by mine so i know what i've lost rather than a set #
  • legrangetackett
    legrangetackett Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use the same scale every time and weigh in once a week - at the same time each week (for me-Fridays at 5:45am before I've eaten breakfast)
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you have to be consist or the numbers don't matter. Same scale, same time of day, same circumstances. I weigh on my scales, first thing in the morning, nude after I pee. That makes all things but the weight itself equal, and as accurate as it can be.
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I was using the scale at the doctor's office i work at but then when I went to my own doctor's office, there was a difference of 5 pounds! So I gave in and bought my own scale. i weigh in every morning right when I wake up, without clothes, after urinating because it keeps me honest and record when I feel like it.
  • sjvirkus
    sjvirkus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I got weighed at a nutrition group i am involved in. then I found out that they have 2 scales. so i think I will be weighing myself from now on on my own scale. In the morning before I eat breakfast, etc.
  • dippystick
    dippystick Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'll be getting my own scale and picking a day and time then post. I think I'll weigh once a week.

Any suggestions as to a good scale?
  • em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just had a 2 week break on my weigh-in but i generally do once a week.Each month I do all my measurements,ie,belly,chest,waist,legs,arms, the lot.It keeps me motivated as my weight fluctuates quite a bit but when my cms go down its a victory.