New love for Talapia!

Options
Kaecklund
Kaecklund Posts: 191 Member
Previously I had been cooking talapia like I cook my salmon: olive oil, lemon juice and dill weed. It just wasn't doing it for me.

So I found this recipe and it was great. My boyfriend's 11 yr old daughter even wanted more!

In a pan sautee chopped/minced (fresh) garlic in butter (I used light margarine). Spray Pam in a baking dish and squirt filets with lemon juice, spoon butter/garlic on top then sprinkle with parsley. I only had dried parsley and it turned out great! Make sure you don't overcook the fish. I ended up cooking mine about 15-20 minutes. Just until the fish was "flaky" at the thickest part.

Replies

• Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    Good tips. Thx!
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Yes good tips I was wondering how I would cook mine, Thanks
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this. Thanks!
  • Yum! Thanks! Like you were, I am stuck on olive oil, lemon juice and dill.....Will definitely give this a try!!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Tilapia is awesome! I love it. :happy: It's very versatile...it's great cooked on it's own, and it's delicious with a crab stuffing, or even regular stuffing, on top. I also use it in Indian dishes...tomato sauces and tilapia = awesome. And my boyfriend's personal favorite: tilapia tacos.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I have some cod at home, I'll try this the next time I make it. I'm sure it will be just as good. I even have LEMON in the house, thanks

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • apeecaleb
    apeecaleb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    We love talapia but always make it the same way, so thanks for the new tips!!! I also have a cleaned up recipe for fish filet sandwiches if anyone is interested. Most people would use cod but I have used talapia and it turns out awesome, just message me if you want the recipe!
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    I just tried Alton Brown's Fish Taco recipe and it was so good!! You can find it on the Food Network site. I would be good to eat the fish plain even if you didn't want it in tacos.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    bump