I cheated...

and weighed myself today... In 10days I've lost 7 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it. I haven't wanted to eat crap and I've enjoyed exercising. I am disgusted at the thought of what I used to eat and how lazy I was. It must have been pretty vile to be able to lose 7lbs that quickly. But, I'm on the right track now so :drinker: cheers everyone!! :drinker:

Replies

• vonzo
    vonzo Posts: 161
    and weighed myself today... In 10days I've lost 7 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it. I haven't wanted to eat crap and I've enjoyed exercising. I am disgusted at the thought of what I used to eat and how lazy I was. It must have been pretty vile to be able to lose 7lbs that quickly. But, I'm on the right track now so :drinker: cheers everyone!! :drinker:
  • Hey vonzo!

Amazing, well done! :flowerforyou:

Keep it going!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS! That's fantastic! Keep up the great job! :smile:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Excellent, keep it up.

However,,, that's almost impossible to sustain. It's really easy to look at that and say "At this rate, I'll be down another 20 pounds a month from now!". Then when you hop on the scale next month and you've ""Only"" lost 10 or 12 it can be disappointing.

There's no reason to think you'll stop reducing if you stick with your program - just know that the first 10 is easy.

Great job.
  • hooray!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Awesome! Isn't it such a great feeling? Beyond even, the weight loss...just eating the right things and working out feels so good!
  • Good for you! Once I started working out, I realized that too! I kept thinking to myself "WHY did I put that crap into my body!" And now that im seeing results, I dont want to exercise in vain and quickly pass up those sweets.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    congrats, that is so great, keep up the great work.
  • vonzo
    vonzo Posts: 161
    Excellent, keep it up.

However,,, that's almost impossible to sustain. It's really easy to look at that and say "At this rate, I'll be down another 20 pounds a month from now!". Then when you hop on the scale next month and you've ""Only"" lost 10 or 12 it can be disappointing.

There's no reason to think you'll stop reducing if you stick with your program - just know that the first 10 is easy.

Great job.

Yes I know :smile: It'll mostly be "water weight" . I fully expect to be down to 1-2lbs a week very shortly. I was just happy at getting a good "kickstart" and feeling like I could and wanted to continue :drinker:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    as long as you have realistic expectations, you won't be disappointed. I was watching the weight fall off for the first four weeks, then I hit week 5 and it suddenly stopped. It was a challenge, psychologically, to get through that time, but I have read up on what is happening (gaining muscle) and I am going to persevere through. If I hadn't had mfp to help explain to me what was going on, I might've given up right then. Keep it up, you are doing great!!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Good Job!! keep pushing yourself !!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Congratulations!!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Excellent, keep it up.

((blah blah blah))

Great job.

Yes I know :smile: It'll mostly be "water weight" . I fully expect to be down to 1-2lbs a week very shortly. I was just happy at getting a good "kickstart" and feeling like I could and wanted to continue :drinker:

You have every right to be happy, you're off to a great start. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!