Replies

• Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great!:flowerforyou:
  • tifanietiberio
    tifanietiberio Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    thank you to everyone. not just the support with the dieting and losing weight, but to all of my friends here who have supported me through the hardest time in my life. to those of you who supported me for the past couple of months while i have been falling apart of losing may, i couldnt have kept this up without you. it is a struggle every single day to to get up, get to work, be productive, try to drthold my sobs in till i get in my car and go home and when i get there try not to drown my sorrows in comfort food. if i didnt have you all to vent to, i dont know where i would be or how i would attempt to get through this. it is a huge challenge every day, but your love and well wishes sustain me. so thank you!
  • mrsandreadawn
    mrsandreadawn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what you did to get the weight off?? You look amazing btw!
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yes, please tell how you did it. What you've done is very similar to my goal.
  • NanciKay
    NanciKay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    70 lbs in 5 month is amazing :flowerforyou: ....i'd really like to know how/what you did to accomplish this...you look spectacular :bigsmile:
  • SlimBananas
    SlimBananas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bump! I would like to know also
  • tifanietiberio
    tifanietiberio Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    70 lbs in 5 month is amazing :flowerforyou: ....i'd really like to know how/what you did to accomplish this...you look spectacular :bigsmile:

to answer everyone who asked how i was able to lose it and fairly fast, i basically eat 1200 calories a day and i log everything, even alcohol. and i am kind of obsessed with the "tifanie completed her diary and was under her calorie goal" message that pops up in my feed at the end of the day, so if i am thinking about making a bad decision, that kind of helps me. i think the more important thing to realize is that for me, i was in such a bad place and i was depressed and miserable before this that i was probably eating 3500 calories a day minimum and since i was laid off, just sitting around the house watching tv all day.

so once i hit bottom, in the form of going to see my doctor on june2 and being so so so overweight and on top of that having 2nd degree sunburn from memorial day, i just had enough and i got a slow start but i searched on my phone for a calorie counter app. mfp came up, the rating seemed good and i tried it. when i saw that the database had EVERYTHING in it, i was like ok i can commit to this and five months later, it has become a lot easier to make good choices.

i panicked about what would happen with work since i manage all of my firms corporate events which are mostly receptions and happy hours for clients or seminars that include full meals and obviously i would have to eat whatever was around as a meal, but i selfishly choose food for the events where there are at least a couple of things that arent too terrible for me or that there is salad or turkey sandwiches or whatever and go from there. im a little nervous for the holidays but i am trying to strategize as much as i can and i think i will get through it. i went to the gym yesterday for the first time in years and did 45mins on the arctrainer. so i am trying to commit to at least twice a week and i think that will counteract any holiday shenanigans.

so that is kind of a long winded way to say the way i lost the weight so far has been staying within my calories and fat goals and probably burning a bunch of calories because i do a ton of running around and schlepping event stuff at work.

but my advice would be that you really need to find what works for you. i pretty much live on lean cuisines and skinny cow ice cream. i know they are super full of sodium and processed, etc. but for me, it works. bc if i werent eating a smart ones mini cheeseburger i would be in the wendys drive thru getting a cheeseburger. i don't cook or fresh veggies very often anyway, so for me continuing to eat easily prepared frozen food, just low calorie frozen food, is manageable for me.

i hope that helps! xoxo
  • mrsandreadawn
    mrsandreadawn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • myth4ever
    Options
    truly amazing!!!!
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    you look soooo good...and alot younger!! keep it up

This!

Good job!
  • Hyster1
    Options
    You look GREAT!!!!!!! You inspire me!!
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    WHOOP WHOOPP!! :d
  • aNEWmarcus
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic effort.. My goal is drop around 73lb, so findining people who have achieved this or are on the journey is really good and inspirational..
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    So it is possible for me to drop 65lbs from January 1 to June 1

this is my goal too :D
  • mom2allgirls
    Options
    beautiful!
  • cowgirllisa86
    cowgirllisa86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Amazing !!! Fantastic job
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!! Thanks for sharing.
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thank you for sharing.
  • kellzroxs
    kellzroxs Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!!!!!!!!!
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Beautiful and inspiring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!