Disportionate body parts....

Options
Does anyone else look in the mirror and wanna barf? I was trying on a bunch of shirts today....and my arms look like thighs...no kidding! The rest of my body has slimmed down remarkably but these arms are ridiculous! I know I have lost some of them since I measured in the beginning of this journey but still....they look like they don't belong on my body! Do you have any body part that sticks out and looks like it should be smaller? I am still a big gal but my arms look like they belong to a 300lb person! :sad:

Replies

• ExerciseGeek
    ExerciseGeek Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    YES! My whole body has slimmed and now my arms are basically the same size as before the weight loss journey, I hate them, its so difficult to loose weight from them too, as most cardio works on your legs, I hope someone has some solutions! :) x
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My calves are huge. I can't wear 99.9% of boots because I can't squeeze them in.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have skinny arms. Everyone I know makes fun of me. lol I guess all I can do is laugh. I don't think they're going to change.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    My arms are a trouble spot too... Here I thought that my gut would give me issues, but it's shrinking nicely, it's my dumb arms that make me look so huge !
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    My head looks like it is too small for my body.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    My calves are huge. I can't wear 99.9% of boots because I can't squeeze them in.

Me too. I bought some plus size boots and even those are tough to zip up. I blame my small foot - but I really know it's my calves.
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    I just finished an extreme body shaping program, and looking at my before and after pics ... my arms are still huge too. I mean, they've slimmed down slightly ( 0.25 inches ), but they look awkward on my body.

And when I hold both arms up and flex like in one of the photos, it makes my head look tiny. :(
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Tip: When getting in shape, please exercise properly by having push/pull for every horizontal/vertical exercises...have seen somany idiots walking in the gym doing random exercises and in a few months another quasimodo walks around with a big chest and under developed back muscles.

For example:

Push: Bench Press
    Pull: Row

Push: Military Press
    Pull: Pull ups/lat pull downs

I know the above might not be applicable to you but to anyone else reading this might benefit from this. Congrats on your weight loss though and keep at it, sure it all will even out.
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    My probelm is my stomach. I'm in the toning portion of my weight loss journey. My whole body is looking nice and toned and sculted, but my stomach is not budging. I went from a 30 inch waist to a 33 inch waist, but I still have visible fat left on my stomach. Depending on what I'm wearing sometimes I look pregnant.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    As Shakira put it - my hips don't lie! My middle is waaay bigger than the rest of me. Clothes never fit right. Arms are also troubling so I try to do a lot of arm exercise through dancing.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    My thighs are disproportionately large compared to everywhere else; it's always been this way, even when I was 120 lbs, my thighs for some reason or another always carried extra weight that never came off. It's annoying...
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else look in the mirror and wanna barf? I was trying on a bunch of shirts today....and my arms look like thighs...no kidding! The rest of my body has slimmed down remarkably but these arms are ridiculous! I know I have lost some of them since I measured in the beginning of this journey but still....they look like they don't belong on my body! Do you have any body part that sticks out and looks like it should be smaller? I am still a big gal but my arms look like they belong to a 300lb person! :sad:

Don't worry, we all have parts we don't like. I for one dislike my belly area VERY much. I just took a picture of it and all its glory yesterday as a 'before' starting my 30 DS. Most women complain about their butts and thighs but seeing as how my belly looks like a bunch of biscuits I'd rather have the butt and thigh issue.

Anyway, you'll eventually lose the arm 'weight'. Maybe you should incorporate some push ups or some other kind of exercise into your regime? I started doing more 'ab' workouts in attempt to make my monster disappear!
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    My probelm is my stomach. I'm in the toning portion of my weight loss journey. My whole body is looking nice and toned and sculted, but my stomach is not budging. I went from a 30 inch waist to a 33 inch waist, but I still have visible fat left on my stomach. Depending on what I'm wearing sometimes I look pregnant.

Sorry meant to write 38 inch to 33 inch LOL!
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    my thighs i have lost mostly n m hips a bit on my waist but my thighs r still huge n in order to fit my huge thighs into pants i have to still wear them two sizes too big around soim constantly yankin my pants up cuz for some reason belts slide down too :/ i have a few pairs of skinny jeans witha bit of stretch tht fit but thts it. . . also i have been doing belly dancing n it has toned myarms(not taken off the fat of course) jus made em not jiggly
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    The best response I've ever heard when I complained about a body part that I "hated" was this: "Go to the nursing home/hospital and tell the person with only one arm/no legs/etc about it." It hit me right in the heart and I have never complained about hating a perfectly healthy "imperfect" body part since!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    i'm just generally not proportionate. size Medium tops now, and size 14 pants! uh. and yeah, 24 lbs down, arms are still the same. i feel ya.

thanks for the tips though, pbj, that'll help when i can work out again.
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Sorry meant to write 38 inch to 33 inch LOL!

Alas, THAT, is partially being female. Getting the last of it off of my middle drives me NUTS!
  • celewis2011
    celewis2011 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    for me its my butt , I was looking in the mirror the other night and if i didn't have this huge butt sticking out i wouldn't look that bad
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have football thighs, one is larger than the other and it's noticeable.
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    The best response I've ever heard when I complained about a body part that I "hated" was this: "Go to the nursing home/hospital and tell the person with only one arm/no legs/etc about it." It hit me right in the heart and I have never complained about hating a perfectly healthy "imperfect" body part since!

I'm sure even they laugh at themselves sometimes too.