I hit the wall

Options
I've been doing so great and then I woke up this morning completely exhausted. I half-@$$ed it on the bike, barely burning anything. Now I'm at work and I have no idea where the energy is gonna come from to do my workout tonight.
This is the first time I've felt like this since starting my weight loss. I know I'm not losing anything, but I've been ok with that. I'm not discouraged either. I'm just plain run down and it's not even my rest day yet.

Ok I :sad:
time to :drinker: my water

Replies

• TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I've been doing so great and then I woke up this morning completely exhausted. I half-@$$ed it on the bike, barely burning anything. Now I'm at work and I have no idea where the energy is gonna come from to do my workout tonight.
    This is the first time I've felt like this since starting my weight loss. I know I'm not losing anything, but I've been ok with that. I'm not discouraged either. I'm just plain run down and it's not even my rest day yet.

Ok I :sad:
    time to :drinker: my water
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    so take the day off from excercise? Or just go for a walk , maybe with the kids. Follow that up with a hot bubble bath and a good book. Everyone needs a break, and somedays can be just torture. Relax, there's no law that says you have to work out everyday (it fact, it's very important to have rest days!) Feel better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hey lady! Don't give up! You can take a rest today or like kerrilucko said, take a walk with your kids. You have done so great! You are losing inches everywhere and have done so wonderful!!! You better not stop now. Don't make me come down there young lady!!
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    Sunday is rest day. So I just rested 3 days ago. I feel bad enough that I'm not losing for the weigh in today, to do nothing on top of that.....
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    You could be fighting a cold or something. Have you eaten the calories you are supposed to - if I don't I get tired, dizzy, etc....

Don't give up - you may just need to rest.
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    I would normally think this was just TOM but it's kinda early.....however I was 3 days late last month. So who knows when it's coming.

I still want to go for my walk after work...there's this super cute guy that I jog behind.
    eye candy / motivation :love: :love:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Sometimes your body will tell you when you need more rest so just take it. Maybe what you need is a good day to go a little over your calories and take an exercise day off. You will do great. I haven't lost anything either for this weigh in.
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    I've been good on calories, even during the super bowl. they were bad calories, but not that many of them.

I thought about getting some coffee but the way i like my coffee is not good.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    You know your body very well, so maybe you should listen to it? I am sure you'll be right back in the game!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    There's a whole lot of reasons that this could be happening to you. The first is that your body has adjusted to your routine and your mind is starting to interfere -- you did the best thing by continuing your workout even if it was "half baked."

The second thing is that you could be missing some of the energy foods you need to keep your body moving. Try adjusting what you eat to put energy into yourself. An orange before or during your workout will do wonders for that natural sugar and energy boost to move you along. I used to never eat until after I worked out in the morning but now I find that I'm breaking off half way through my workout for that bowl of oatmeal and then get back into my routine.

The third is that, as already suggested, you could be working out too frequently.

I try to work out 7 days a week but only one time each day and I've hit a few walls since I started in Jan '08. When I hit my walls I just back off on the intensity but work out for the full time duration. On the free weights I step down two weight levels just to put myself through the routine. I feel like I'm cheating myself but I still make myself workout instead of walking away altogether.

I know at my age that working out 7 days a week brings some toll in the form of physical fatigue so I accept that occasionally on Sunday, Saturday (or both) that I will give myself a break because when I'm on business travel I usually double up on my workouts.

The point of this lengthy response is that there's no easy response to your dilemma. You're going to have to experiment with yourself to see what's going to work for you and at the same time having to be careful you don't fall victim to your mind and let it control the outcome by "convincing" you that the path of least resistance is not working out and just giving up.

Hang in there because it will pass and you will endure to the end!
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    I'm not worried about giving up at all. I know that's not the case.
    I'm going back over my foods for the past couple days to see what the problem may be.
    It's also possible that I'm just worn down and need to rest. I pushed myself harder than usual on my jog for 2 days in a row. My body could be rebelling.
    If I could just get rid of this headache.....
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    You've done so well, sounds to me like your coming down with something, drink plenty of water and take some 'me' time, and do only what YOU wanna do huni. :flowerforyou: We all need chill time now and again, just chalk it up to experience.
    Take care, these things happen. I put on 4lbs last week, after having a bad few days, but hey, I've lost those 4lbs this week.
    Take care, I'm thinking of you :flowerforyou:
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    Well I caved and had a cup of coffee....as dark as I could get it while still being able to drink the darn thing.
    I also took an Aleve.

One or both worked cuz I feel better. I'm not jumping out of my seat, but I'll make it thru the work day. Maybe I'll get another cup before the ride home so I can be sure to have some energy for the workout.