Bragging

Is it selfish to brag about yourself? Especially with a journey like so many of ours!! I haven't been 195 lbs in over 6 years and I just want to shout it from the roof tops but afraid to get shuned or tomatoes thrown at me!!!

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Congrats!
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Congrats! Brag away. that's a huge accomplishment and you should be very proud!
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    I have lost 64 pounds and am gonna yell it from the roof tops... lol
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    You have the right to brag =) Congrats on your loss
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Brag away honey! You're doing a great job! :-) :drinker:
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    That is awesome!! What is the saying? "It isn't bagging if you really did it". Something like that anyway. And you are just proud of your accomplishment. I would be too.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    nope! congrats! :D
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    I know how you feel. I haven't been this thin in forever and I want EVERYONE to applaud me. (Believe me, I have this crazy theory that the doctors I work for will applaud me and throw me a party in congrats on my weightloss. They should. They're doctors.)

Yet at the same time I know how it feels to be the person who doesn't care about their weight/isn't doing anything to diet and just wants dieters/health people to SHUT UP lol
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    nope brag all you want, especially to us!!
  • GO FOR IT! we know how hard we work and its our right to say something nice about our accomplishments! I have a group of gals who are just mean about it. everytime i say something about me losing weight on my facebook they comeback with a bunch of comments like it matters whats on the in side and true beauty is within and no one should say look at me look at me LOL crazy girls. if they worked hard they would say something too :D
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Be proud of your accomplishment! It shows great focus and determination! :drinker:
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    OMG!!! 55lbs! That is so worth bragging about! Well done you and I love the photos of your children - beautiful! Add me as a friend and we will continue the journey, bragging, screaming whatever, every time we are successful!!
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 749 Member
    I only brag to people I compete with... to everyone else I don't want to seem like a jerk and just don't mention my weightloss
  • AriannaTiyen42
    AriannaTiyen42 Posts: 86 Member
    If you are gonna brag this is the place to do it...where people know what the journey was like! Awesome job :D
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    It is difficult. I don't want people to think I am bragging, because I don't feel that way at all about my weight or weight loss. The only thing I feel is disappointed I was out of shape for so long, even though with small children it wasn't lack of inclination, just lack of time.
    I get embarrassed when people comment on my weight loss, but I know some people think I am boasting if I mention clothes sizes, which couldn't be further from the case.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Depends. Your friends may not like hearing you brag. Just live by example. That's why it's important to find places like here to brag away. Congrats on your success!!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    I dont think of it as bragging! If it was anyone else's success we would just celebrate it. YOU DESERVE to CELEBRATE YOU!! and your accomplishments. What you have done is nothing small, you have committed to bettering your health and your wellness by chosing to lose weight....and your doing it!!! HOORAY FOR YOU!!!! CELEBRATE AWAY!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,794 Member
    Go to the nearest roof top and shout! :drinker:
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Brag away!!! Don't worry about the haters!!! and if you get tomatoes....make salsa!!!! hehehe
  • YOU PUT THE WORK IN, SO BRAG AWAY