Shoe size.

Options
Wasn't entirely sure which topic this should go in, haha. But, random question, has anyone noticed not only a shrinking waist line but a shrinking shoe size. I bought myself a new pair of shoes today as a reward for reaching a target, whoop! But, usually, in the shop I bought them in, I have to flit between a size 4 or 5, depending on style, but I had to get a size 3 today. It was weird :s Just wondered if anyone else had noticed something similar?? (And yes, I'm aware I have small feet, haha! Need to start shopping in the kids sections to dodge the VAT... ;) )

Replies

• Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I wish..I wore an 11 at my heaviest; still an 11.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    a little. the shoe sizes where i am now are different than in the US so i cannot be certain yet, but it seems so...

i am so jealous of your tiny feet though. i just had to say that...oh...and i love your profile pic with the pigeon pics~i have a pet pigeon so~really awesome ^o^
  • tcdawley78
    tcdawley78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I noticed this too!! I was a 9.5-10 before I stayed losing weight, and now I wear 8s...
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I would not even know where to find a size 3. Kids' section? I thought my size 5 mom had teeny feet!

I can see losing a size as width goes down (fat leaving the foot), but I don't think it will go down much more. Your feet are mostly bone, right?
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm generally a 10 but can now wear a 9 or 9.5 sometimes. My feet definitely got thinner- shoes that used to pinch and rub and cause my grief now fit wonderfully!
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Yup! I went from an 8-8.5 to a 7.5

My friends told me "Becca bones don't shrink" so my shoe size couldn't have gone down.
    I don't get why people don't understand that when you're a lil' chubby it's going to be everywhere, including feet. Lol.
  • teejamajay
    teejamajay Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes I did!! I saw it in my neck and feet! I have lost over 60 lbs and 1 shoe size!! (as well as 4 dress sizes!!) I thought I was the only one!! THX FOR POSTING!!! I have "girls" and I need all the feet length I can get for BALANCE! HA!!
  • BeccaAnderton
    Options
    Ahh I'm so glad I posted this! I thought I was the only one and had freaky feet, haha! It's so random though, my feet are the last place I would've expected to lose weight from :s
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I would not even know where to find a size 3. Kids' section? I thought my size 5 mom had teeny feet!

I can see losing a size as width goes down (fat leaving the foot), but I don't think it will go down much more. Your feet are mostly bone, right?

She is talking UK sizes. A US 7 is a UK 4.5. She does have small feet, but not quite as small as you think. :tongue:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options

She is talking UK sizes. A US 7 is a UK 4.5. She does have small feet, but not quite as small as you think. :tongue:

oh...then we have the same size feet maybe then...i am a U.S. size 5-6. :embarassed:
  • BeccaAnderton
    Options
    Haha we can be tiny feet buddies than, haha! :D
  • ckoudsi617
    Options
    I am 5'4 with U.S. size 7 feet (age 53). This seems to be really average for women in my generation. I lost over 60 lbs. but my feet remained the same size; only perhaps narrower.

I've found that women's size 7 can fit "big girls" size 6. (I used to work for Stride Rite and got shoes for 50% discount.)

My sister's feet are UK 3.5. She is 5'1" but weighs close to 300. I suppose if she lost weight maybe her feet would be the same as yours or perhaps even less.

Rock ON, Petite Sistahs of the World!

:heart:
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options

I was thinking that was pretty tiny but not too much of a stretch. My 21yr old sister has US size 3 feet. She's the only person I've ever known to have that small of feet.

*And yes I have made her go to the children's section & try on Disney Princess light up shoes :laugh: :laugh:
  • traceywaugh
    Options
    was a uk 7from teens now a 5. instructor was a 7 from teens had child put on weight lost weight now 3. dont know how poss as thinking about bone being there but my trainers ae feeling to big again foot steping out them doing lunges sointeresting to see what size fits next time. hate fact had to get rid of all nice shoes but only buy what i need at moment for fear of shrinking more no where near my target weight yet but am 5 stones lighter now
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    At my highest weight I was a US size 11 and that's still what I wear. I've always had big feet though.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    This has never happened to me (I've always worn a 10), but it did happen to a friend of mine who lost a fair amount of weight. It think it just depends on your body.
  • jendarlin
    jendarlin Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yes my shoe size went from a 9/9.5 to 8.5 now :)
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    There are also people who lose a good amount of weight and realize that their height decreases as well because they've lost a layer of fat off of the bottom of their feet. I had a teacher in high school who made that observation, and I thought he was crazy, but I've since seen it happen with others too.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    oh, man, i HOPE this happens to me! i wear a US 12. even an 11 would make life SO much easier!!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I hope mine shrink. I have noticed that as I've gotten bigger, the size has gone up from a 9.5/10 to an 11. However I've also been pregnant twice and they say that can make feet grow too.

Either way, my feet are fatty so I'm sure they'll slim out with the rest of me.