Is it just me

Options
I feel like my goal is forever away. I have been doing this since Janurary 1st and I am 1 pound behind goal of losing one per week. I am tracking my calories, and doing my excercise. Is there something I am doing wrong?

121311.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com -

Replies

• newby99
    Options
    I feel like my goal is forever away. I have been doing this since Janurary 1st and I am 1 pound behind goal of losing one per week. I am tracking my calories, and doing my excercise. Is there something I am doing wrong?

121311.png
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    No, you're not alone! We can all feel this way sometimes.

1 lb a week is good - plus you are already slim - you only have 18 lbs to go - so you are going to lose a little slower. 1 lb a week is a healthy rate of loss! Just make sure you set your caloies to a loss of 1lb a week, so that you are not eating too little.

Pep talk...

KEEP AT IT!!! You're only 18 lbs away! That means you could be there in a little as 9 week! Just a couple of months!

By memorial day you will have ripped abs! :wink: Come on, keep at it, just put one foot infront of the other, and keep moving forward. You WILL get there. Make your plan, stick to it, and forget about any feelings of doubt.
    :smile:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I totally understand your frustration. I just try to take it one day at a time. And I try to find successes in every week or every day even.

We even kind of have a "Last 20 pounds" support group on here :smile: Come on over.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/38795-any-last-stubborn-20-pounders-out-there
  • newby99
    Options
    Thank you for that pep talk. We have never spoken before but you still encouraged me. That really means a lot. I have never kept up with a long term weight goal, and it is easy to want results now. I know that the last pounds will be more difficult, because I lost around 25 pounds a year and a half ago and I wasn't even counting calories.

I will just stick to my plan, and make sure that I get enough water. I might try to raise my excercise duration as well. Ran my first 5 miles non stop last saturday in 51 minutes!

One question I have is that even though I am losing weight my calorie intake goal is the same. Should I be adjusting this since I don't weigh the same as I did January 1st?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    thruth is 18 lb isn't a ton of weight, and when you have very little to lose it is going to come off very, very slowly. It's harsh, but true. It will come off though, you just have to be partient and it will happen. My losses these days average out to about .5 lbs a week, which I'm still elated by. If you really want this you'll stick with it no matter how slowly it happens. :flowerforyou: Just think, a year from now you'll almost certainly be at your goal weight. a year may seem like forever but it's not really, and hey it's either be at your goal weight in a year, or not be, stick with it. :drinker:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    MFP should adjust this for you. Have you updated your weight and your activity level? I think you should be good. Maybe just check the math on your own as well (double check it against MFP).

E.g.
    Current weight 200 lbs x 12 (average for moderately active lifestyle) = 2400 calories burned daily
    Plus 600 calories burned during exercise = 3000 calories total burned daily

To create a 500 calorie deficit (and lose 1 lb a week) you could eat 2500 calories daily.
    To create a 1000 calorie deficit (and lose 2 lbs a week) you could eat 2000 calories daily.

When I started, I had a BMI of 25, and it was Banks who said that I would probably lose slowly, and he was right - and his advice saved me a lot of frustration (especially when you see people losing 2 and 3 lbs every week!).
    :smile:
  • newby99
    Options
    I do feel better, and I have more energy. I will look to the positive things that are happening and not focus on the weight. I wanted to do that in the begining, but then if I don't track my progress I won't know where I am. It is a double edge sword. Ignorance is bliss, but you don't know where you are.

121311.png