With Christmas round the corner........

Options
Since the beginning of Sept I have been on a very strict diet 1000 - 1200cals per day. Doing brilliantly on it, and quite happy with the cals intake. However with Christmas only around the corner, I don't want to ruin all the good work, by over eating. I also don't want to be saying no all the time. I would really appreciate hearing any low cal christmas meal and party food ideas.:happy:

Replies

• AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    When we host holiday gatherings we like to keep things light. Most often we do soup and salad. Last year we did chicken tortilla soup. I am thinking this year we will do French Onion.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com :D
  • janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I know that you asked for meal ideas, but my suggestion would be for that period to eat at your maintenance calories - maybe 100-200 under, just to make sure. You will not lose, but you will not binge and gain either.

Another reason would be: you are eating really few calories. While if this is ok for you and does not cause cravings/stall weight-loss/makes you feel like you have no energy etc, I read that every 10-12 weeks (especially for somebody on a very low calorie diet), you should have 2 weeks (2, not less) of eating at your maintenance calories (and, if doing low-carb, to up your carbs over 150 g/day). This will allow your metabolism to get back on track and will make it easier for you to get back to losing easily when you get back to your diet.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to worry about the day or two. I'm going to try to keep my portions small though.