Something finally sunk in...

Options
Soooo... At the gym on Sunday morning I weighed myself and was pretty happy with the number. Only .8 of a pound higher than my goal for the end of January.
So what did I do? I gave myself a break for the rest Sunday, 'cuz, you know, Superbowl and all...
I stayed within my calories, but I ate SALTY foods and had ZERO water. Just salt and wine basically.
I didn't weigh myself on Monday - but what did the scale say that I weighed on Tuesday - it said I had gained THREE POUNDS. Now, fighting the urge to panic and cry and scream NO FAIR... I rationalized that there was no way that three pounds of fat can grow in 2 days, and I remembered what I had read here... If you have too much salt and not enough water... your body will retain the water out of whatever liquid and food you give it. So yesterday I drank 96 oz of water and kept my sodium low and voila - today the scale has me back at my Sunday morning weight. Huh. Lesson on the salt/water thing learned. Water does not make you retain water. SALT and LACK OF water does. Sometimes you've just got to go through it yourself to really get it I guess.

Replies

• Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Soooo... At the gym on Sunday morning I weighed myself and was pretty happy with the number. Only .8 of a pound higher than my goal for the end of January.
    So what did I do? I gave myself a break for the rest Sunday, 'cuz, you know, Superbowl and all...
    I stayed within my calories, but I ate SALTY foods and had ZERO water. Just salt and wine basically.
    I didn't weigh myself on Monday - but what did the scale say that I weighed on Tuesday - it said I had gained THREE POUNDS. Now, fighting the urge to panic and cry and scream NO FAIR... I rationalized that there was no way that three pounds of fat can grow in 2 days, and I remembered what I had read here... If you have too much salt and not enough water... your body will retain the water out of whatever liquid and food you give it. So yesterday I drank 96 oz of water and kept my sodium low and voila - today the scale has me back at my Sunday morning weight. Huh. Lesson on the salt/water thing learned. Water does not make you retain water. SALT and LACK OF water does. Sometimes you've just got to go through it yourself to really get it I guess.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    BRAVO!!!!! Standing ovation for a girl who 'gets it!'

So many other just don't!!

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    :drinker: THANK YOU FOR SHARING!! I try my hardest to drink MIN. 3 L. of water a day! :wink:
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    :drinker: THANK YOU FOR SHARING!! I try my hardest to drink MIN. 3 L. of water a day! :wink:

Wow - that's impressive!