Has anyone's MFP prediction of them in 5 weeks been accurate

Options
Does anyone rely on it? Has anyone been close to it? Out of curiosity :).

Replies

• Carrie704
    Options
    mine hasnt been. I think my metabolism is lower than the system thinks it should be.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    MIne is never right. I usully lose faster than what it tells me
  • angelswank
    angelswank Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have usually been lower than what it says:):happy:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know in 5 weeks
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    mine's usually pretty close.
  • LemonPoppySeedMuffin
    Options
    MIne is never right. I usully lose faster than what it tells me

I wish that was the case with me >.<
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Not mine. Some days it tells me I should be 95lbs in five weeks, and other days it tells me I'll be 105 lbs, but I've been steady at about 112ish for the past few months.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    My intake varies too much from day to day for that tool to be useful for me. But in general, if I have a 3500 calorie deficit over a week, I'm usually losing about a pound.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    yes, mine has been exceptionally accurate when i was being very consistent every day.. in the last month i was working at a new very active job so have been doing maintenance more than anything else.. so no recent losses.. but before that, yes, the predictions were very accurate for me *S*
  • LemonPoppySeedMuffin
    Options
    The hardest thing is that you'd have to keep it the same everyday without slip ups >.<
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    If I workout hard and really watch what I eat it's right....other wise it's high
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Like someone else mentioned, the trouble is that it calculates the estimate based on the assumption that you will eat the exact same foods and exercise the exact number of calories every single day for the next 5 weeks. It's a good tool to let you know if what you did that day is what you're hoping to accomplish and should keep you on track, but it's not really an accurate prediction unless you are keeping yourself strictly on similar calories/content/exercise each day.

From day to day when I look at it, it might vary between more than 5 pounds simply based on whether it was a 'good' day or a 'bad' day. On weeks that I'm being more consistent, though, it tends to stay about the same with a steady loss.

Pretty neat tool for what it is, but I wouldn't rely on it necessarily. :)
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    mine's never been right. i always weigh more than what it says i should weigh.
  • LemonPoppySeedMuffin
    Options
    It is a great motivator :).
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to have been 123 lbs. for about 5 mos. now. I'm still at 128; 127 is my goal.
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    it's never right for me. but i'd like to be...
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I don't look at it so much as a predictor but rather as a motivator. I know I'm not going to eat and exercise exactly the same every day. But the 'motivator' basically tells me that if I keep working at it, I'm going to continue to see results.

I have actually consistently lost at a rate pretty close to what the motivator tells me to expect, b/c I try to usually keep my net calories pretty close to my goal.
  • Christi1979
    Christi1979 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I haven't been here but a week so far, but so far, I am way ahead of it following the 1200 cal plan they have me on. So, I'd say, so far I am losing faster than it predicts.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Have never tracked it closely but if I was consistant it seemed fairly close.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    two words: hell NO.