My first real NSV

Options
radosti1
radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
I am down 13 lbs. I made my size 14 work slacks last as long as I could, but they are falling off me. I view right now as an interim size, so didn't want to spend lots of money. Decided I needed some size 12 work slacks, and I had a 30% off Kohl's peelie, so I went. Pulled out a bunch of size 12's and tried them on. All of them were falling off me.

Went and got size 10's and they all fit very well! Got three pairs!

Of course, then I got home and went to the basement where I have three tubs of size 10 pre-kiddo clothing from 7 years ago. Not a single pair fits. So, that just tells me that the manufacturers have upped the sizes and I'm not a size 10 in the same way I was 7 years ago.

Replies

• wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    YAY! good for you! I know that feels so good.
    I went to get some bicycle pants today at Target and automatically headed for the Plus size dept before I realized I DON'T SHOP THERE ANYMORE =D - takes a while for it to sink in

congratulations!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    7 year old pants are out of style. You deserve new ones anyway!! Great job! Thank for inspiring me!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Very interesting!! The papers in England have been saying this for a while. It's such a con really, but still a good NSV for you.
    I'm sorry that sounds like you haven't done as well as you have, I really don't mean that!
    Well done you! Lol!
  • radosti1
    Options
    OMG... I am going to cry. Here I am feeling so good about myself that I posted the NSV.

A minute ago, my 3.5 year old comes up to me and asks, "Mommy, why do you have your pants on backwards?"
    I was confused, looked down at my jeans and asked him what he meant. Should not have.

He points at my stomach and says, "Your pants are on backwards because that's your butt, it sticks out!"

I take my NSV back.
  • tsjourney
    tsjourney Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It is awesome that you went down that many sizes! Congratulations to you!! So what if your stomach sticks out, you're working on it and it has made a huge difference. Focus on the positive. I can't wait until I am out of the plus sizes, it has been soooo long! You are doing great!!
  • radosti1
    Options
    Thanks! The irony of it all is that it sticks out because he was 10 lbs 1 oz and 2 weeks early... the other 2 were 9 lbs 12 oz each. I have no muscles left in my stomach.
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    If we let ourselves get caught up in the bad we lose confidence and our ability to be successful! Focus on the positives and be proud! One step at a time.

11575603.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!