Help me play matchmaker plz

Options

Replies

• DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I learned that the way you draw a man in, especially if you really like him, is to always keep the chase going...it drives them wild and in return you get sooooo much more from him. Take baby steps, dont put it all out there in the beginning because he'll just get bored and comfortable and stop doing the sweet little things he used to do in the beginning. You have to always make it to where they are always trying to find ways to make you smile or get some attention from you...if they dont have that its not fun anymore. Dont always answer the phone when they call, dont always be available when they want to do something.....never allow yourself to be so available that you end up having your whole world wrapped around someone else's schedule.....

Thats my Dr. Phil moment for the day....lol:glasses:

Well, I was gonna make some for my family too...and save a few for him. I could say " I made a batch of cupcakes for Valentine's Day. I'd like to give you some."

To me it says i showed effort but not as forward:huh:
  • Summarain
    Options
    You should do whatever you feel is good, you know his vibe, we dont....if you feel like he'd like the cupcake idea that would be great. I mean I dont know anyone that would turn down cupcakes, but you never really know what they are thinking about the gesture or idea....maybe i'm reading into it too much, it was just a simple question i guess.....i always over think things:grumble:
  • DBranchaud
    Options
    You should do whatever you feel is good, you know his vibe, we dont....if you feel like he'd like the cupcake idea that would be great. I mean I dont know anyone that would turn down cupcakes, but you never really know what they are thinking about the gesture or idea....maybe i'm reading into it too much, it was just a simple question i guess.....i always over think things:grumble:

i was a good idea to get a guy's opinion. I just asked one of my guy friends over MSN and he said " who'd turn down cupcakes?!?!?" he also thinks that should include a card....I think a card would be too much
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAH OMG THAT CARD CRACKED ME UP.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

i was a good idea to get a guy's opinion. I just asked one of my guy friends over MSN and he said " who'd turn down cupcakes?!?!?" he also thinks that should include a card....I think a card would be too much

I think a card is too much as well.
    Just the cupcakes.
    If the guy is interested, he will respond in one way or another. :smile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAH OMG THAT CARD CRACKED ME UP.

I printed that card to mail to one of my best girlfriend's for Valentines Day. :laugh:
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    I would say the fastest way to a mans heart is Either cookies or Rice crispie treats...

if that doesnt work, steak and a BJ works nice too...

at least it does for me! lol :love: :flowerforyou: :happy: :tongue: :laugh: :wink: :smile: :smooched: :heart: :drinker: :glasses:

HAHA only kidding, but seriously GO FOR IT GIRL!!!

you will only know if you give it a go! and to be honest MOST guys would welcome a straight forward woman. they would be fools not to!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I would say the fastest way to a mans heart is Either cookies or Rice crispie treats...

if that doesnt work, steak and a BJ works nice too...

at least it does for me! lol :love: :flowerforyou: :happy: :tongue: :laugh: :wink: :smile: :smooched: :heart: :drinker: :glasses:

HAHA only kidding, but seriously GO FOR IT GIRL!!!

you will only know if you give it a go! and to be honest MOST guys would welcome a straight forward woman. they would be fools not to!

Hmmmm... steak and a bj might be a little forward. :laugh:
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Four cupcakes sound perfect! It shows that you care enough to make him something meaningful, but he doesn't have to figure out how to transport two dossen fragile things that you can't tip over.:flowerforyou:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    I'm so glad you found someone you really like in class and share a common interest.
    If you want my honest opinion regarding doing something for Valentines' Day,

Well, if you really really like him and you want this to work, then, do Nothing. Not a card, not a cupcake, not anything.

My best suggestion to you is go and read this book called The Rules and stick with what it says in there.
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    The guys I know and am attracted to find "The Rules" laughable. More power to you if it works for you, but it doesn't make any sense to me.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Make 2 cupcakes one for you and one for him and use the rest of the room in the box to stash some pretty red napkins ...
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    The guys I know and am attracted to find "The Rules" laughable. More power to you if it works for you, but it doesn't make any sense to me.

I really like The Rules book. Other favorite books of mine are by Sherry Argov, and Greg Behrendt.
    All these were full of insights. I really liked them. :happy: :happy: :happy: :heart: :heart: It was really about self respect, and loving ourselve first. Very interesting. :heart: :happy:
  • DBranchaud
    Options
    well, guess what everybody.......................chicken butt. LOL he invited me on a date, even before I bought the stuff to make the cupcakes:laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    well, guess what everybody.......................chicken butt. LOL he invited me on a date, even before I bought the stuff to make the cupcakes:laugh:

SA-WEET!!!! :drinker:

Where ya going? :happy:
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    what if he's on a diet? :P

OF course he'll like it- Be confident but not overwhelming! Guys in general like a girl who knows what she's after- but there is a fine line
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

HAHA! Score!
    Obviously he likes you.
    I still think the cupcakes are cute and fun.

Have fun!
  • Summarain
    Options
    :love: YA SEE! HE DID MAKE A MOVE! WHEN A GUY LIKE'S YOU, HE'S GONNA LET YOU KNOW. I'M GLAD IT WORKED OUT. CONGRATS.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I've never had a boyfriend, so this is kinda exciting

WAITTTTTTT! BEFORE YOU DO IT, PLEASE GET A GUY'S OPINION! Sometimes we women think things are "cute" when a guy may think its desperate. Because you are still weary about weather he likes you are not and because you are not really close like that yet, i suggest you do something more like invite him in on plans you already have or something....something that lets him know you like being around him w/out letting him think that you went out of your way JUST FOR HIM.

Just a little pre-playa advice...take it or leave it.......:huh:

Good point. He might not like that forwardness. Who REALLY knows the male species anyway?:huh:

If he doesn't like forwardness,
    and you like being forward,
    not a good match anyhow, imo. :smile:

I think it shows effort and thought.
    I like the idea of cupcakes. Simple. Sweet. Fun.

(I am a VERY forward person, btw.)

Or you could always give him this card instead.....
    valentine.jpg

LMAO. I am totally printing that and giving it to my husband on V-day just to be funny! That's awesome!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    take the chance men love food, no matter what.....if you weanna get neutral decorate them in his favorite teams colors. If you wanna be bold, decorate them with an invite on a date....