Wanting to try doing personal fitness as a career

Options
anyone know about this field and if it a good one to get into. I want to help other people the same way i have helped myself, by helping them with the weight loss, gain, or maintenance journey. I think it would be something I would really like, as well as getting more time with my family than I get with my current job.

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I am doing the same, starting my course next year :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am curious to hear what people say. I have considered this as well, but I think I'd really like to go more in the direction of nutrition/dietician.
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    A bachelors in Kinesiology would be what you want to pursue jobs in the that area.
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am curious to hear what people say. I have considered this as well, but I think I'd really like to go more in the direction of nutrition/dietician.

If you plan to pursue a job in nutrition/dietician field, be sure the program you take is accredited by the American Dietetic Association. Otherwise, you can not get licensed.
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    what about certification? what do I have to do to become certified? do i have to have a degree?
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    what about certification? what do I have to do to become certified? do i have to have a degree?

to become a personal trainer you need at least a cert 4, you need a cert 3 to teach classes at the gym (i.e. pump etc) but i am going for a degree as i wanna own my own gym one day