Yay for NSV!

Options
When I first got here, I thought NSV stood for "No Small Victory" and I wanted to reach a moment where I felt safe to announce that. Well I had a "non scale victory" quite surprisingly and it's not a small one either, so I think the time has come for me to share.

Last night, I had to do a work/banquet gig. That meant dressing up more than my usual wardrobe allows. So while desparately looking through my closet, I found a pair of black slacks that had been handed down to me by a friend, and that I'd never worn before. I put them on, they fit (a tiny bit tighter than I would usually wear, but they didn't look bad and they weren't uncomfortable at all) so I didn't think much about it. I went and did the gig, got home, threw my clothes on the floor and crashed in bed.

This morning, when I was cleaning up my room, I picked up the new slacks to hang them back up and noticed the tags inside. I spent my night working comfortably in a pair of SIZE 6 Anne Taylors! After YEARS of being in size 10s & 12s, I was excited when I started finding the occasional pair of 8s that fit.... but size 6 pants!?! I honestly didn't think it was possible.

A Pleasant Surprise and Victory worth sharing. :flowerforyou: :happy:

Replies

• teezmom
    Options
    That is awesome. Moments like that are much better to me than what the scale says. I have a dress hanging on my closet door that I am using as a motivator. I will try it on every now and then. Before those buttons are gonna come together!!!

I am happy for you!
  • teezmom
    Options
    "Before LONG those buttons are gonna come together"
  • goodmonster
    Options
    HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!