CO2 Detector

Options
Sweettart
Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
Hello Everyone

My family had a very close call Monday. My mom could smell something monday and wasn't sure what it was. I have been getting headaches for about 3-4 weeks and my dr said it was prob just from all the weather changes.

Monday my parents and I all had headaches. I was talking to my bf and he said to get a CO2 detector and my mom said I will tomorrow and he said no today tomorrow may be too late. My mom then called my step dad to pick one up on the way home. Once he plugged it in it went off 1hr later. They opened the windows and then a little later it went off again.

They called union gas and they sent the fire dept and ambulance. My mom and I got brought to the hospital and was on oxygen for 2.5hrs and my blood came back with 100% CO2 in it.

The fire dept said you should be at 20-30 CO2 in your house, ours was 200! If we wouldnt have gotten the CO2 detector we would have not woken up yesterday morning!

PLEASE if you do not have one please get one! You should have 1 by your furnance and 1 in a bedroom that was from the fire cheif. They cost $25 at walmart and it saved our families life!

Replies

• Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone

My family had a very close call Monday. My mom could smell something monday and wasn't sure what it was. I have been getting headaches for about 3-4 weeks and my dr said it was prob just from all the weather changes.

Monday my parents and I all had headaches. I was talking to my bf and he said to get a CO2 detector and my mom said I will tomorrow and he said no today tomorrow may be too late. My mom then called my step dad to pick one up on the way home. Once he plugged it in it went off 1hr later. They opened the windows and then a little later it went off again.

They called union gas and they sent the fire dept and ambulance. My mom and I got brought to the hospital and was on oxygen for 2.5hrs and my blood came back with 100% CO2 in it.

The fire dept said you should be at 20-30 CO2 in your house, ours was 200! If we wouldnt have gotten the CO2 detector we would have not woken up yesterday morning!

PLEASE if you do not have one please get one! You should have 1 by your furnance and 1 in a bedroom that was from the fire cheif. They cost $25 at walmart and it saved our families life!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Wow talk about close calls! :noway:

Glad you all are okay!!! :flowerforyou:
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you're okay... CO2 detectors where in the news around here. One lady and her family was hopitalized because of Co2 posioning... they had an entire report about dectoectors and how to use them etc the next day.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Glad everyone is okay!:flowerforyou: Also I'd like to recommend a radon detector, radon is second to smoking as the leading cause of lung cancer, you should have them in your basement.