LEAN CUISINE??

Options
thinking about switching one of my meals out for lean cuisine? Anybody have any thoughts?
How's the food? Did it help any of you who lost weight? Does it leave you feeling hungry??

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    They aren't filling, pretty gross tasting, full of sodium, very processed

so nope i wouldn't do that
  • HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Its good, but tends to be high in sodium..
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    The food is good, but you have to watch the sodium content. I did lose weight though.
  • puppywalker
    puppywalker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Weight Watchers Smart Ones. I have tried both and Lean Cuisine does not taste as good. Sometimes it tastes like "freezer burn" even after I just bought it. I like the Smart Ones 3 cheese baked ziti the best. Good luck!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    They tend to have a bunch of sodium in them. That being said, I eat them occasionally (usually on nights I work) because they are quick, easy and convenient. I don't mind the chicken fettucini one and a few others, but they all tend to have broccoli in them and I hate broccoli. LOL.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I think they're ok to use in a pinch but I wouldn't make them a regular part of my diet. It's not a lot of food, they're full of sodium and definitely processed.
  • candace34
    candace34 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I use the weight watcher ones...but I also add veggies to mine like if i have the alfredo with broccoli I will add onion and chicken and diced tomatoes....I find it filling and tasty..
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Chicken Enchilada Suiza, Lasagna with meat sauce, macaron and cheese are all very good. Also, I like the spring rolls!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    They're not too bad. I don't like the normal ones, but love the steamers. I don't use them everyday, but as a college student, sometimes they're quick, easy, and cheap! I prefer the Smart Ones and Lean Cuisine steamers...chicken teriyaki stir fry, sesame chicken, chicken dumplings, ziti with meatballs & cheese, and a couple others! :)
  • Rain_Howard
    Options
    Read this article: http://diet.lovetoknow.com/wiki/How_Healthy_Are_Lean_Cuisines_Frozen_Dinner

And keep this in mind. If it comes out of a freezer, in a box and cooks in the microwave, it's probably not all that good for you.
  • notapromqueen
    notapromqueen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have a lean cuisine (or any other type of microwavable, portioned, frozen meal, like SmartOnes, etc.) on days when I have little to no time to cook dinner. Like someone else said, I wouldn't make it a habit to eat one daily, but in a pinch, they'll do.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    lean cuisine or any processed food is not a good choice, full of sodium so they will have a very long shelf life - unhealthy
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Love Lean Cuisine meals, they are very good.
  • starscapenatasha
    Options
    I eat them a lot. I'm a full time student and I work two jobs, so they're ideal for me (quick, easy to make and easy to log). Smart Ones has started coming out with larger versions in steam bags that still stay under 400 calories. They aren't so much filling as satiating, but I'm not hungry after I have one (typically). If you're still hungry, you can always grab some carrots or an apple to go with it. :)
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My opinion?

They're crap, and your body deserves better.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I love smart ones, too! Especially the baked ziti and the pepperoni pizza. I only eat them like 1-2 times a week now, if that bc I'm trying to watch sodium. I try to use them when I have intense pizza cravings and don't want to use the calories.
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    nothing beats freshly prepared food....
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I find the Healthy Choice frozen meals are very filling. :)
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    its processed food...nothing healthy about it, lots of sodium and preservatives
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Not the best but certainly better than a big mac. Some of them work well over a big bowl of lettuce to make a sort of salad, that makes it take longer to eat and more filling.