Options
2»

Replies

• AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    From his facebook page:

Body weight pre= 200.8 lb; post = 174.2 lb (-26.6 lbs);
    Body fat pre= 33.4%; post =24.9% (-8.5%)

If it was all fat he lost it should have been 13.2% fat loss but it was 8.5%, meaning he lost almost as much LBM as fat.

I'd rather have a toned, healthy body than a skinny anorexic looking body. I like eating real food :)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    This is the truth...if you're not keeping muscle losing weight is wayy too dang easy. At least for me. Now try to do that and keep your muscle (impossible) You gotta be eating a *****load of protein and lifting hard.
  • ashleycat23
    Options
    The lesson that I take from this is that it's okay not to have a perfect diet. While I'm making every effort to eat healthy, I do enjoy treats each day, too, so I don't feel completely deprived. I don't think his "diet" is something we should replicate, but it does clarify that small treats are not going to hurt you if you are eating well for the most part. I agree with those of you that said this diet would make you sick to your stomach...yikes. I'd be sick, too, if I ate what he was eating. But I do enjoy low-calorie desserts as part of my overall meals. I have a major sweet tooth, and I feel better knowing that those things, in small quantities, are not going to hurt as long as I'm eating my protein, veggies, and such.
    same here!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    This is the truth...if you're not keeping muscle losing weight is wayy too dang easy. At least for me. Now try to do that and keep your muscle (impossible) You gotta be eating a *****load of protein and lifting hard.

I feel your pain and this is exactly what I'm trying to do. It's a painstakingly slow process.