walking pedometers?

Options
Hello im new here .I have been using a walking pedometer for the last 8 months and i was searching the internet and came across myfitnesspal i really like this site. my question is do i use the excersise calorie counter on here or should i use what the pedometer tells me ? does anyone else use one and how does it compare to the caloires burned on here?

Thanks Starzz904

Replies

• starzz904
    starzz904 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello im new here .I have been using a walking pedometer for the last 8 months and i was searching the internet and came across myfitnesspal i really like this site. my question is do i use the excersise calorie counter on here or should i use what the pedometer tells me ? does anyone else use one and how does it compare to the caloires burned on here?

Thanks Starzz904
  • rosered51
    Options
    Hi welcome! :flowerforyou: Good Luck on your weight loss journey...I am not currently using a pedometer, but I am looking at getting the one that Jillian recommends. When I start, if there is a variance, I think I will use what my pedometer says as that is a more accurate reporting of what I have actually done.:bigsmile:

How great is the variance on yours?
  • starzz904
    Options
    Hello thankyou for responding, mine works pretty good i want to get one that shows the speed im walking so i can get extact results but its within the same range as on here maybe 50 calories more on here but that s why ii go by what the perdometer says. i walk 8 to 9 miles a day going at a pace of 3.5 miles per hr i do 51/2 miles in the morning and between 4 and 5 miles agian aroung 430 pm which one does jillian recomend?

thankyou again : )
    starzz904
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Hi, I take the reading off of my pedometer as it is set to my weight and my stride. Wow, you walk alot, good for you!
  • rosered51
    Options
    Jillian recommends the Ormon...check out her web site, it shows it there. I have checked it out on Amazon and other sites, and the review by users is 4.5 out of 5 stars. It is one of the most popular and everyone seems to really like it. I like the fact that you can put in in your pocket or your purse and it still maintains an accurate reading.:flowerforyou:

9 miles a day??:noway: WOw you are AMAZING!!! GO GIRL!!!:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, I just know you will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. Everyone is so supportive, helpful and nice and the site is so motivational. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    I use OMRON hj112 since Jan/09. It's great. I don't have to clip it on, just put in my pocket or my purse, right side up, upside down, doens't matter. Still counts. Works like magic!!:happy: If you go to Walmart, you'll find it in the pharmarcy section next to thermometers.
  • rosered51
    Options
    How much is it at walmart? I have seen them online and been debating if I can afford one. Just curious if it is cheaper at wally world:laugh:
  • starzz904
    Options
    Hello good luck to you too . we all will reach our goals .this site is so great the peolpe on here like you are so sweet and i will give the perdometer a try that's neat that it works in your pocket thank you for the advice have a great weekend thanks :)
  • starzz904
    Options
    Thank you i do love this site its helping me alot and your right all the support from every helps so much have agreat weekend : )
  • starzz904
    Options
    hello thats what everyone says but i really enjoy walking alot it makes me feel great and feel like i have accomplished somthing thank you for the advice about the perdometer i know from all the support on here it will be a little easier when you have peole trying to reach the same thing and have someone to ask questions thanks have a great weekend : )
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    How much is it at walmart? I have seen them online and been debating if I can afford one. Just curious if it is cheaper at wally world:laugh:

Hi, I live in Canada. I paid $36Cdn + tax.

It's really good. It's my first pedometer ever and I've walked almost everyday even in -25Celsius temperatures outside b/c of having it. Very convenient and motivating. :happy: :happy:

Gd luck.