Anyone calorie count with a low carb slant?

Options
2»

Replies

• dennydifferent
    dennydifferent Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't know cramernh, but from what I've read on here that crabbiness isn't usual. And yes, it did sound harsh.

Caroline I've already commented on Minimins, but to reiterate for anyone who's interested, I got down to 1200kcal -1300kcal a day counting calories, and my weightloss began to slow. Once I started low carbing my intake shot up to minimum 1500kcal, mostly nearer 1700, and my weightloss continues at that amount.
  • balancebean
    balancebean Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm naturally inclined to cut out bread/rice/pasta from my diet. It makes me feel so much better.
    I'm very interested in what other people have to say about this.

Everyone is different, I know, but my body responds to carbs the same way. It seems when I eat white bread/rice/pasta and baked goods, it leaves me craving more. I tend to overeat those foods. I'm better off not even taking the first bite.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Yes. I calorie count and aim for less than 100 grams of carbohydrate per day. I try not to worry about too much other stuff because it gets too frustrating to worry about it!

I should add my carbohydrates tend to come from fruit, dairy, vegetables I usually avoid bread/pasta/rice/potato
  • WalkWell
    Options
    How long have you been body building and doing the low carb thing for? And how long has it taken you to lose your 17kg?