Pear Shape, Using Turbo Fire, Need advice for Midsection red

Options
OK,

Facts- I'm a 25 F, 132.4 lbs, 5'5 and have an athletic built. As noted in my subject, I have a pear shaped body. Very stocky and ...boney on the top, got a mid section/hips/love handles (a handful each)

I don't eat take out, I don't drink soda, I drink 3-7 cups of water a day. I don't eat fried food, I hardly eat beef (turkey, chicken, and fish) and do let myself indulge in a sweet or two a day (I eat half of the serving size and normally come up right around my goal, if not under, on my calorie goal) that i've made at home, I don't buy sweets from the bakery.

I do at least 30 minutes of workouts every day, with one rest day a week . My program i'm currently doing is Turbo Fire, I've been doing this for a month and 2 weeks. Using the suggested calendar I alternate 30 -60 minutes of cardio and strength training with resistance bands. I'm slowly introducing shakeology into my diet as well as already snacking on kellogs protein bars and eating fruits/veggies, who grains, and eating lots of foods at their serving suggestion.

Sorry, I know it's a lot, but I've been to lots of message boards, trying to figure out what to do. I am a personal fitness trainer but lost when it comes to my own body LOL. I have a bit of a midsection. I know spot training won't help, and I see almost no difference in my mid section since the beginning of the Turbo Fire Program. However, my overall body is much stronger. I'm doing things (pushups) that I failed at beforehand. My legs look like runners legs, and I'm slowly developing muscle on my very bony arms. When I flex my stomach I FEEL muscle. It's like it's there..but I see nothing. There is a bit of flab that jiggles and makes my shirts tight. The only advice I've seen is "just keep doing what you're doing and it'll eventually get there".

My goal (no predestined time) is eventually have a six pack. I just didn't know if anyone else struggled with the same situation and has any advice to offer? Thanks!

Replies

• OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    First of all I am not a professional by any means .... But, in my opinion you are focusing on the goals of somebody who needs to lose weight. You need to add more protein, drink 8 to 10 glasses of H2O a day and get a workout regimen that focuses on " ABS ". Look for info that leans towards body building. You should know better than anyone this area is the most stubborn area to define ... the muscle is there and in time you will see the results. Patience is a virtue ... But educate yourself in diet habits of those who are building ... not losing. I recommend Shaun T ... Insanity. If anybody can get you a six pack ... it's him ! :)
  • musicforever04
    musicforever04 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Yeah, I'm still learning. I am a NEW Trainer lol.. so.. Just learned the basics. That would make sense. Only thing is I'm traveling (husbands job) and don't have weights. May eventually invest in some but, I know there are weighs to strength train with out them. Thanks!
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Absolutely ! Even if you just pick up one 20lb kettlebell and watch some You Tube videos on how to maximize your workout with many different strategies. Also ... the " Plank " is probably one of the most intense ways to strengthen your core and build on the abs, not to mention Yoga ! There are sooo many ways to achieve what your after ... make the information highway your way ! The internet is heaven sent ... unlimited info ! :)