how to not go over your sugar limits

Options
I go over my sugar every freakin day even when im within my calorie limit.....I know that does have an impact on weight loss, but everything has sugar in it. Does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    count carbs makes it a little easier. 45 carbs per meal 15 carbs per snack! all carbs turn to sugar and are your final sugar count.
  • daisydog101
    daisydog101 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I always go over too because of the fruit I eat. I'm still losing so Im not worrying about it yet...
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I stopped looking at it. Virtually ALL my sugar is from fruit, and I only eat 2 pieces a day. I'm not going to stress over my sugar intake when I never add sugar and do my best to stay away from processed foods, you know? I instead focus on lowering carbs and raising protein and fat, which tends to lower my sugar counts, anyway (since sugar is a carb, this makes sense)
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I always go over my sugar, because I eat fruit, and vegetables. I wish people would quit freaking out about it. If most of it is from added sugar then you have a problem.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    count carbs makes it a little easier. 45 carbs per meal 15 carbs per snack! all carbs turn to sugar and are your final sugar count.

I agree - this is what I do.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I go over my sugar every freakin day even when im within my calorie limit.....I know that does have an impact on weight loss,

Not really. Unless you have some medical condition as long as you create that calorie deficit, it wont affect it. I'm often double my sugar limit, and it's never stopped me yet!
  • SpeedBump1
    SpeedBump1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I try to stick with berries and not bananas, apples, oranges, etc. I also try to keep my carb intake under 50. What work for me may not work for you.
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well the thing is there is more pre dibetics out there then people realize.
    And even the sugar in fruit counts. better to start watching it now then freaking out in a few years when you get the news you are diebetic.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Well the thing is there is more pre dibetics out there then people realize.
    And even the sugar in fruit counts. better to start watching it now then freaking out in a few years when you get the news you are diebetic.

This is just scaremongering. Sorry but it really is. MFP sugar setting is way too low as two portions of fruit alone sends it over. That will NOT cause diabetes. A normal body can cope with much more sugar than what MFP tells you.

IF you are pre diabetic or diabetic yes you need to watch sugar but any normal person does not need to watch it to the extreme that MFP sets. If you're worried look for your governments guidelines on how much sugar you should be having daily and just tally that up. It's much higher than MFP's and backed up by government research (obviously).
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to quit sugar, have a look at my diary.
    The longer you are off it the less you crave it.....
    Fight the monster!
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    when u asked about sugar limits i didnt even know what the limit was lol i had to go check what mine were.... 18, 10, 27, 25, 32, 22, 21, 25....etc etc.
    i am diabetic, was on 170 units of insulin 2 years ago...i am totally off , TOTALLY!! and my sugars run in the 4's and 5's. As someone mentioned before...tis good to keep watch on them...diabetes is not fun, and if it runs in your family you are more prone to develope it...control by diet far outweighs insulin shots...not to mention the health benefits of keeping your weight down in the process.

All the best in your journey....health is wealth!!
  • pj4432
    pj4432 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I also go over my sugar allowance every day, since starting this diet 2 weesk now, I've never been within my sugar allowance, but find it hard not to go over as sugar seems to be in everything, even foods that you wouldnt think had sugar in.
  • ivonna1
    Options
    thanks for your comment...and thats exactly where I am...I am working on being more mindful about my sweet intake but I do think I need to figure out a way to balance it out.