digestive issues and weight loss

Options
Lately, I've had some scary incidents in the bathroom (I won't go into detail) and went to the doctor to get it checked out.

She asked me how much of my weight loss was intentional. Sometimes people lose weight by some scary things in the bathroom, and she wanted to make sure this wasn't the case for me.

I didn't think my weight loss last week was out of the ordinary. However, the last couple days, I saw a bigger weight loss, a little sooner than I expected. I haven't logged it yet.

I can't tell if these last two pounds were from the "high fiber" diet she has me on, or if I'm just not eating enough. I've made some changes the last couple days. I haven't been drinking any coffee or pop. (She did let me have green tea though, so I'm clinging on to that.) I've been trying to drink a lot more water and eat more fiber. I am sure I'm eating fewer calories than I had been, but I'd say I probably ate around 1400 calories yesterday, so I'm not in danger of being malnourished unless my intestines are really in that bad of shape.

I didn't get a clear diagnosis since I'm waiting on some test results to come back, but in the mean time, she suggested some dietary changes that I should have been doing anyway.

So, if I lose a couple more pounds next week, should I be worried, or proud?

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    As a fellow-intestinal-issue individual... I hope you find it is something controllable or fixable.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be worried or proud about losing extra pounds. I'd just monitor the situation til I got my test results back & spoke to my doctor. If you are losing quickly, the doctor will want to know that. Be prepared to answer his/her questions about your diet & weight loss. Hope you get some answers soon!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Maybe I'll just keep track of it and gauge how I feel. If I don't feel good, I'll report back to the Dr. and let her worry about it for me. :)
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Maybe I'll just keep track of it and gauge how I feel. If I don't feel good, I'll report back to the Dr. and let her worry about it for me. :)

Great! I agree you should call her if you feel worse.