Cake baking!

Options
Can my newly found love of cake baking ever be compatible with losing weight?

After making a birthday cake for my boy's first birthday I've discovered I love it - and to my amazement - am not too bad at it.

How can I possibly combine this new hobby with weight loss? :)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    bake the cakes, just dont eat all the cakes!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Don't eat the cakes, and use healthy recipes! :) www.skinnytaste.com has some great options!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Bake the cakes with something you are allergic to or hate the taste of. Cake really is never that healthy for you
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I bake professionally, and after making so many, I am not even interested in cake anymore. I taste the icing or batter when I make a new flavor or alter a recipe for a client, and I hate having to do it...LOL...never thought I would say that!
  • myth4ever
    Options
    give them to others as gift and let them take pleasure in the taste, you take pleasure in the giving!
  • wilmaln
    wilmaln Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bake the cake, insert it on MFP as your recipe, consider the cake for 8, and if you really want... eat only half a slice. That way you enjoy your baking and eat half the calories :-)
  • nadiambe13
    Options
    I bake and decorate cakes as a hobby, but find I never want to eat my creations. You lose interest in eating them because you've spent so much time around the ingredients. When I first began, I would bring things in for my co-workers, now I'll often bake for a specific event or occasion in mind. But there are likely a plethora of friends, coworkers, family members, neighbors, strangers, etc, who will happily take your baked goods off your hands. And if you must have a bit, a little taste can't hurt?
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Bake them and give em away! Good practice for when you decide to bake them and sell them.
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    There is a chance that the more you do it the less you'll enjoy eating it. My mother has been a cake decorator for over 30 years, and I remember I used to like cake with icing when I was little! Now I can't stand most icings (and hers gets quite the praise from her clients) and I'm really picky about cake IF I even eat it at all. Not that that is a bad thing, of course ;)