Wanted: Whole Wheat Pizza Crust Recipe

Options
Kristin24C
Kristin24C Posts: 75 Member
I wanted to try making myself a pizza for dinner. I was wondering if anyone had any recipes for a whole wheat pizza crust?

Replies

• missxlaur
    Options
    trader joe's sells whole wheat pizza dough that is AWESOME. just in case you don't actually want to make the dough yourself.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    trader joe's sells whole wheat pizza dough that is AWESOME. just in case you don't actually want to make the dough yourself.

I was going to say the same thing.. it is the BEST pizza dough I've ever had.. .absolutely delish!!!! Now I want some! Their fat free pizza sauce is amazing too and I usually use that and put some tomatoes and basil with mushrooms and other veggies, then top with a bit of low moisture part skim mozzarella
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I got a recipe a while ago, it is amazing (I got it from the internet)::

Ingredients

1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
    1 cup warm water
    2 cups whole wheat flour
    1/4 cup wheat germ
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon honey
    Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
    In a large bowl combine flour, wheat germ and salt. Make a well in the middle and add honey and yeast mixture. Stir well to combine. Cover and set in a warm place to rise for a few minutes.
    Roll dough on a floured pizza pan and poke a few holes in it with a fork.
    Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until desired crispiness is achieved.
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    we use whole wheat torteas work great and everyone builds their own its fun and the torteas are better then the crust I have looked at.
  • NicoleTaulman
    NicoleTaulman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Walmart has a thin whole wheat pizza crust, called Mama Cozi's, I think. It is SO GOOD! Just had it again Friday night for a veggie pizza.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    this is the one i use.. I use 3 1/2 of whole wheat instead of using any all purpose flour. I also use honey instead of sugar. It's super super good.. I would suggest throwing a little sea salt in there too to give the crust a little better flavor. I baked mine for a few minutes before i put the toppings on...

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/amazing-whole-wheat-pizza-crust/detail.aspx
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    try the Clean Eating Magazine's Whole Wheat Pizza crust.
  • Kristin24C
    Kristin24C Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Great topic. I think I will be trying this too.